Sign in to follow this  

Anodizing Frame

I'm thinking about having the frame on my 2005 CRF450X red anodized. I can't find a lot of info on this. Has anyone had this done, and do you have any pics?

I'm thinking about having the frame on my 2005 CRF450X red anodized. I can't find a lot of info on this. Has anyone had this done, and do you have any pics?

Yep. Black. Looks awesome. IMO :rolleyes: . Most Impotantly though. Weight added is minimal. Powder coating = about 15lbs

You need to take all the steel from the frame. The theads are steel, in most cases  :thumbsup: .

Haven't got a real good picture of the actual fame or swinger sorry.

Frame guards sare from "Carbon Pro" in the UK.

001_zpsb8qa9jx8.jpg

004_zpsd10srhvf.jpg

IMG_0152_zpshkgos4go.jpg

Edited by AddictedToBling
  • Like 2

Yep. Black. Looks awesome. Most Impotantly though. Weight added is minimal. Powder coating = about 15lbs

You need to take all the steel from the frame. The theads are steel, in most cases :thumbsup: .

Haven't got a real good picture of the actual fame or swinger sorry.

Frame guards sare from "Carbon Pro" in the UK.

001_zpsb8qa9jx8.jpg

IMG_0152_zpshkgos4go.jpg

dude! Do you even ride that thing? My 08 looks rode hard put away wet!

To take the threads out. Just scew a bolt in slightly. Get the tusty hammer, and................... whack  :lol: .

To put them back in. Just hold the thread in position, do the bolt up finger tight, then tighten with a socket, It'll press back into the frame  :thumbsup: .

dude! Do you even ride that thing? My 08 looks rode hard put away wet!

Yeah, every chance I get  :ride: .

Looks better now than in those Pics  ;) .

Yeah, every chance I get :ride: .

Looks better now than in those Pics ;) .

that there is a show bike for sure. What's going to happen during El Niño ;)

That bike looks awsome. I've been told that the welds may not look the greatest when anodized. Would love to see a frame that has been red anodized.

that there is a show bike for sure. What's going to happen during El Niño ;)

Thanks for reminding me it's coming  :thumbsup:   :( .

Hoping to get out this Sunday, tomorrow for me :ride: .

OP

The factoy welds look fine. If the welding wire has silicon in it, it looks a bit off. Slightly bown.

I added a 3rd pic. Look at the factoy welds around the head stem.

Thanks for reminding me it's coming :thumbsup::( .

Hoping to get out this Sunday, tomorrow for me :ride: .

OP

The factoy welds look fine. If the welding wire has silicon in it, it looks a bit off. Slightly bown.

I added a 3rd pic. Look at the factoy welds around the head stem.

for us El Niño is good , dry around here. Although the hill climbs will get rutted if it comes down too fast. Doesn't become a drought in your neck of the woods during El Niño?

What is the make and model of that show bike?

Time to do the diamond like coating on fork legs;)

for us El Niño is good , dry around here. Although the hill climbs will get rutted if it comes down too fast. Doesn't become a drought in your neck of the woods during El Niño?

Dry as a Nuns nasty.

2013 RMZ250. 2002 RM144 engine. I have a few engines. Up to 06

I couldn't see it adding any more then 3lbs to a frame and swingarm. I paint 6 days a week. I'm at work right now actually. I shoot mainly ppg powder with some tci and americoats powder. I'll be painting my swing arm in 2 weeks and I can give you an exact weight that it added to an03 cr250 swinger if you'd like? I wouldn't rule out powder coating as an option yet. Get some nice carbon fiber frame guards like that sick Suzuki. Nice work on that btw. Or even get some grip tape and you'll never even have to worry about the paint rubbing off.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1446907704.925764.jpg

Edited by 2008crf250r

Dry as a Nuns nasty.

2013 RMZ250. 2002 RM144 engine. I have a few engines. Up to 06

was the Rmz a 4 stroke?

was the Rmz a 4 stroke?

Yeah. It was new. Bought it fom the States when the AUD was over $1,00 USD.

Got a 14 model Roller getting an 06 250 engine in it ATM as well . A Mate should have the fame conversion finished tomorrow. Although, he's said that before, and Tuesday will be 11 months since I dropped it off  :banghead: . He's had it since 10/12/2014. Was still the currant mode l when I dropped it off   :rolleyes: .

Should have just bought a welder  :facepalm: .

Yeah. It was new. Bought it fom the States when the AUD was over $1,00 USD.

Got a 14 model Roller getting an 06 250 engine in it ATM as well . A Mate should have the fame conversion finished tomorrow. Although, he's said that before, and Tuesday will be 11 months since I dropped it off :banghead: . He's had it since 10/12/2014. Was still the currant mode l when I dropped it off :rolleyes: .

Should have just bought a welder :facepalm: .

so with a dirt bike that is so detailed, what would your street bike look like?

so with a dirt bike that is so detailed, what would your street bike look like?

I rode street bikes right up until I was thinking about my kids more than i was thinking about what I was doing. About 35 I think  :lol: . I'm not the only one either.

Last bike was an R-1. I painted it Holden Monaro Yellow and had the graphics re-printed in Chrome and Black, tinted visor, Carbon silencer, and Nickle plated the rims. That's all :thumbsup: .

Although I don't work powder coating, 15lbs sure seems like alot for a dirtbike. I would think maybe 6-9lbs, which on the frame isn't too drastic. Anodizing is generally quite a bit more than pc'ing also.

Although I don't work powder coating, 15lbs sure seems like alot for a dirtbike. I would think maybe 6-9lbs, which on the frame isn't too drastic. Anodizing is generally quite a bit more than pc'ing also.

You could be right. I was quoting someone from Vital MX. Anno will be significantly lighter though.