AFTERMARKET FORKBOOT TIP

Use a nice,hot soldering iron to poke holes down the back side of them(like the stock ones have) to keep them from suctioning to your fork legs.

If you wipe the soldering iron off after every poke,it won't  leave any black marks.Takes five minutes to complete,and you can do it while they're on the bike.005.JPGWhooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I bet all you guys are REALLY glad I bought a DRZ,so I can help you lead a victorious life of overflowing victoriousness.........

Edited by flapwick
  • Like 5

i've seen a lot of forks that had aftermarket boots/skins/whatever that had no drainage holes in them. the bikes were always 'maintained' by throwing soap and wax at them, and the seals were always leaking. 

this is a a good modification if your fork boots are lacking drainage holes. that water, mud, and grit needs to be evacuted ;-) 

• Like 2

They come with drainage holes at the very bottom,but because they get zip-tied a ways down the fork leg,they don't help on inhale(so to speak).

This was going to be part three,and a big,fat space sucking brand new thread of mine.......maybe I'll erase this and repost,just to keep everyone happy.

• Like 3

Haha! I hope it's lighthearted and fun sarcasm.Life's too short to take nearly insignificant things,um,significantly."Love your neighbor as yourself"."Judge not lest ye be judged",and,"As you have forgiven,so it shall be forgiven you" are good standards to ThumperTalk by.

• Like 4

Sarcastic or sardonic humor is fun. Slightly dark, slightly negative, dry and sometimes droll. Highbrow enough you have to be smart to get the implications. Or at least think hard or deep enough to figure it out. An under appreciated tool of wit. I like it...and use it often myself for my own pleasure or displeasure of others. ? Sarcasm. Another one of the free services I offer whether you like it or not. ?

• Like 3

I remember back in the day,when ThumperTalk was full of real issues. Important issues. Manly issues. Life changing issues. Things like yellow fork boots, and number shaped pieces of vinyl, and seats that weren't so hard on the caboose,and not all this touchy-feely stuff. I need to go out in the garage and put on my new 50mm wide DRC footpegs,and maybe burp and fart and spit if I want to.

HEY! Maybe I should paint my footpegs yellow to go with the new forkboots! I feel a new thread coming on...........

• Like 5

Sometimes we have fun with each other here through sarcasm and wit. But we are a self moderating bunch. Some peeps get easily butt hurt. I know I have more than I want to admit. Most often it was because I read it wrong or things into what was typed. All works out. The touchy feely sort of vibe is more of an equal ground because of all the past interpersonal problems amongst certain members. Makes for a bad vibe overall in the forums when that happens. Now members feel free to report bad comments and behaviors and the mods take care of it well. No doubt we still busts balls and bushes and have fun doing it. The thing is how it's worded and adding emojis help set the humorous tone.

Flapwick if you plan to go back in time and bring back the old BS it will be hard fought for you. Just join us as we all are now in the present. We are doing fine and all those manly and girly issues (note the nod to our female compadres) are still here and new ones are brought up all the time. Chiming into the threads for me is very selective. Yes I may have an opinion on just about everything (obviously...LOL ? ) but when I do it is to help and not hurt or troll others. The PM back channels are open for a reason as well. I often contact noobs by PM and help them out when their statements or questions bring out the trollers. Or admonish them when I feel it is needed. But always with respect. Everyone needs to start somewhere as I did. I am no expert but have knowledge to share...like it or not! It's just a share. Do with it what you please.

As to my signature I confess that I believe in God and Christ Jesus his son. That's me but I am still very human and make a ton of mistakes in all aspects of my life. I do love the other inhabitants of this world. Does not mean I have to like them and be their buddy like Blueheart pointed out. I will greet and treat all with respect until they prove unworthy of it. I am not prejudice against anyone expect &%$#@!. I don't like them no matter what race, creed or religion they may be. I have certainly met more white ones then any other race yet. A real problem for my own race. A-holes are the ones I watch out for and avoid to the best of my abilities. Sometimes I even become one. Not my best of character moments for sure. I work very hard to forgive and forget but sometimes I just want to choke the living crap out of them. I am not perfect by any means, way shape or form. Just forgiven by the one who really counts in the end. ?

• Like 2

Oh and Flapwick. Your soldering iron tip is a good one. Thank you for that share. Really!

+1......I can only add that I have read only a couple of actual bad comments in the years here, and they never came back. I like your sense of humor Flapwick.......no harm, no foul.        ?

• Like 1

C'mon,it was absolutely ridiculous.I was making fun of MYSELF,more than anything. I honestly have no idea what "old BS" you're referring to.

I have NO IDEA how anybody could be hurt or offended by what I posted,but I guess if someone is searching for an offense,they'll find it.

I'm truly sorry if you or anybody else read something into my post that I didn't intend to put there.I was being silly.

• Like 2

+1......I can only add that I have read only a couple of actual bad comments in the years here, and they never came back. I like your sense of humor Flapwick.......no harm, no foul.        ?

M8,  speaking about fork boots,  you know how i run the short seal savers?  well i want to get long black seal savers like yours,  and then put the short ones on the upper part of the forks,  the part between the upper and lower clamps,  so the entire fork leg will be black,  what do you think?

• Like 2

M8,  speaking about fork boots,  you know how i run the short seal savers?  well i want to get long black seal savers like yours,  and then put the short ones on the upper part of the forks,  the part between the upper and lower clamps,  so the entire fork leg will be black,  what do you think?

I think it would look awesome........go for it! ?

• Like 2

Sorry if I have come across as being preachy. I got Flapwicks' humor and sarcastic wit. Now I don't know why I posted all I did. These early morning or late night posts should be avoided by me. I get too opinionated and ... too preachy. Oh well. Time to go flog myself in my pious robes with my incense burning and light a few scented candles to cover the stench of my self righteousness. ?

Seal Savers? good? bad? What does the shiny fork tubes look like after a few months of them rubbing and touching the forks? Do Seal Savers come without the logo or printing on them? How about in colors? ( He asked after FINALLY returning to the subject of the thread.) :(

• Like 3