Sign in to follow this  

cr 250 unknown year.

hi guys can anyone tell me what year this cr is? picked it up cheap yesterday. it runs really well. any ideas?

1446877067330.jpg

1446877085303.jpg

1446877099754.jpg

what is the 10th digit of the VIN...............(on the steering head) this will tell you the year of the frame

I believe what you have there is a CRM250 dual sport. That bike wasn't imported into North America but to us on this side of the world it looks like a 1989 CR250 because of the rad shrouds and inverted forks. What gives it away is the steel tank, oil in the frame as evidenced by the cap behind the steering head and the coolant tank behind the right radiator. It looks like the rear fender and seat have been changed along the way. I'd say it's a 88, 89, or possibly a 90 model. I believe they were sold mainly in Japan, Europe, and Australia.

Here: http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_crm250r%2089.htm

Clearly that one has seen better days!

Edited by Dklassen
  • Like 4

its a franken bike. 

After looking at it closer I think you might be right. 

What is that on the frame by the steering head............... on the XR650 it is a dip stick for the oil .............

You be me to it.................thats what I am talking about

Oil in the frame on a 2 stroke? Frankenbike all the way

It's got an injection system. You pour the oil into the frame and it comes out the bottom of the downtube into the oil pump.
  • Like 2

thx for all the replies guys. im just gonna add it to my collection and enjoy it as an old play bike. its definately an 89. with many donor parts added. my frankenbike.

• Like 1

I believe what you have there is a CRM250 dual sport. That bike wasn't imported into North America but to us on this side of the world it looks like a 1989 CR250 because of the rad shrouds and inverted forks. What gives it away is the steel tank, oil in the frame as evidenced by the cap behind the steering head and the coolant tank behind the right radiator. It looks like the rear fender and seat have been changed along the way. I'd say it's a 88, 89, or possibly a 90 model. I believe they were sold mainly in Japan, Europe, and Australia.

Here: http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_crm250r%2089.htm

Clearly that one has seen better days!

Agreed.