Sign in to follow this  

bleeding a magura hydraulic clutch... having a hell of a time here

Hey guys. long story short. my clutch is acting up.

it was fine for years, I did an engine rebuild. I think someone fiddled with it while it wasnt hooked up. and now its screwed.  im gonna try to describe it.

it almost seems like the slave cylinder rod is too long now.  AND it wants to retract all the way in automatically when not hooked up. is this normal?

when its all hooked up.  the clutch lever is rock hard.  ive got no movement. no actuation of the clutch arm. nothing on the slave cylinder rod.  why is this?

I tried bleeding it both ways (sucking at the nipple, and pushing into the nipple)  neither worked.

the only thing I was able to get to work was butchering my mount to move it 1/2" further back, so it pulls/forces the slave cylinder rod out about a 1/2" so now im using the middle of the stroke.  I had to drill a new hole in the mount, AND bend it further back. it looks hideous, but it now works. im not sure how long itll hold. 

whats going on with it?

Edited by coryf89

no the motor is fine, the cable clutch works fine still. this is a new motor also, my last motor (05) did it too, now this 07 is doing it.

heres the fix... dont laugh, it works.

and yes its a honda.. the guys in the crf forum dont know about hydraulic clutches like you ktm guys do though.  

2dt94qx.jpg

23ryh5.jpg

if I mount it via the other hole (the stock hole) then the slave cylinder bottoms out before ANY clutch engagement happens.

Edited by coryf89