Sign in to follow this  

Four strokers with low maintenance that are also light

Theres nothing lighter that won't require more maintenance.

• Like 2

You have to make the trade off - weight savings but more maintenance vs heavier and low maintenance. Just find which side you learn more towards

• Like 1

WR450 as or more reliable lighter and faster.

Ahhhh, no they are not. They are YZ's with a wide ratio gearbox, and lights. Far from low maintenance. 

• Like 1

Four stroke and light doesn't correlate.

Modern 4T enduro bikes are only a few lbs heavier than their 2T bretheren.

I own three of them. So if you call an oil change and cleaning the air filter high maintenance your right?

Sure, how about you start doing your oil changes at 5000 mile intervals, and riding the bike to work every day. Then come back and tell us that WR's are low maintenance !!!

Sure, how about you start doing your oil changes at 5000 mile intervals, and riding the bike to work every day. Then come back and tell us that WR's are low maintenance !!!

I think we were talking about a reliable dirt bike. The WR is one and probably better than almost any.

What fool changes his oil at 5,000 mi. and my Supermoto bike has upteen buco street miles on it.

Hey did you know the WR450's are a STREET BIKE in some countries.

A 2016 300xc is 227 lbs where as a 2016 WR450 is 271lbs. Not to mention the 300 probably has ~10 more horsepower too.

Double KOO KOO there talking about a reliable dirt bike WR450. 

I think we were talking about a reliable dirt bike. The WR is one and probably better than almost any.

What fool changes his oil at 5,000 mi. and my Supermoto bike has upteen buco street miles on it.

Hey did you know the WR450's are a STREET BIKE in some countries.

Did you read the original post. The guy is looking for a bike that is "low maintenance like his DRZ" The WR certainly isn't that. And DRZ's can easily handle 5000 mile oil changes. 

And just because a bike can be legally street registered in many countries, eg. Australia, it certainly does not make it a street bike !!

How many times have you had to replace 4th and 5th gear in your WR motard ???

Edited by Swapper265
  • Like 1

Ok come back,my 07wr450 just under 50,000 miles.One valve adj/one clutch cable,one chain guild.If you think Im joking.Ask anyone on this forum that rides with me.I do change oil every 800 dirt miles,you got me on that one.BTR

Did you read the original post. The guy is looking for a bike that is "low maintenance like his DRZ" The WR certainly isn't that. And DRZ's can easily handle 5000 mile oil changes. 

And just because a bike can be legally street registered in many countries, eg. Australia, it certainly does not make it a street bike !!

I can answer that(I ride with him)never him or me changed any trans gear.Anybody that goes 5,000 miles on oil change,is a fool.

I would not do 5,000 mi oil changes (turned to a pint of grease)on a DRZ. However you will be able to go longer on the oil on a DRZ as they hold more oil. So what.

Replace gears on a WR450. Not no ever. Year models owned 07-08-09.

If your looking into buying second hand, by a husqvarna te310. I have one, and I can tell you there absolutely brilliant! Really really light for an enduro bike, good handling, powerful and they have heaps of torque to get you through those challenging parts on the trails. Good bottom to top end power also. As maintenance goes, it's the usual oil and oil filter change regularly, clean air filter (depends how much dust there is), valve checks probably every 1000kms and of course cleaning but that comes with any bike.