Sign in to follow this  

How much more power is FMF factory 4.1 dual slip on VS stock? On 08 CRF250R

I'm buying a 2008 CRF250R for my son. He's 19 a seasoned rider since he was 10, and he is coming off a CRF150R. He's an ok rider, not great, pretty conservative, and not a big risk taker. Originally I wanted to buy an all stock CRF250R for him. I found a nice 08 with an FMF factory 4.1 dual slip on and Tokyo mods carb kit on it.

VS a stock bike I question if this is to much zippy zing, snap, crackle and pop OR get up and go for him to quick. The jump from the 150R to the 250R is quite a jump to start with.

What do you guys think?

Unfortunately I will not be getting the stock exhaust system with the bike.

The FMF will give a different exhaust tone, but the hp gain with those things is negligible.  One of my sons has an 07 CRF450R, ti came with an FMF, but he put the stock exhaust back on because of the sound, no power change was noticeable.  The carb kit, meh.  The carb from the factory without heavy engine mods is pretty well set up.

• Like 1

From the dyno's I've seen most pipes will give you ~1hp or roughly a 3% gain at peak... so it's pretty negligible. The tokyo mods carb work is good for throttle response and eliminating bog but isn't really a power adder compared to a properly jetted bike.

As has been said, the exhaust will only make 1-2 more hp, im sure there are a ton of guys on here that would jump at the chance to swap their stock exhausts for the fmf

Thanks for the input guys. We picked up the bike yesterday. We both took it for a test ride before we decided to commit and buy and we were both very well surprised how mellow the 250R Is. What a nice bike!! Very smooth power delivery. No need to worry about the cans adding crazy amount of arm jerking power. I love the bike as much as my son dose!!