Sign in to follow this  

Kawasaki 100cc Restoration

Trying to restore 1970 Kawasaki Trail Boss. Found parts bike (Kawasaki 100cc dirtbike, no year or model)

on Craigslist and would like to know if they are compatible. The bikes look similair. Is this enough information

for the group. Also, I am a novice at this but want to learn. Thanks, Terry

Post pictures if you can.  Impossible to know with the info given.

Thank you. I will when I can.

Attached is an example photo of a G4TR Trail Boss I'm trying to restore and the other is the Kawasaki 100 on CL. I called the person from CL and he didn't know about bikes and couldn't tell me anymore.

Does this help?

Attached is an example photo of a G4TR Trail Boss I'm trying to restore and the other is the Kawasaki 100 on CL. I called the person from CL and he didn't know about bikes and couldn't tell me anymore.

Does this help?

I'm sorry, here are the photos.

Kawasaki 100.png

Trail Boss G4TR .png

Looks like a ke100. There are lots of them around and you could buy a running one for $300.

You have to study the parts diagrams and see what fits what.  Look at the "Pinned" threads (stickys) on parts cross reference.  I'm not familiar with the early 70's bikes, but from that pic the cases look different.  At some point mid-70's the 100's have a TON of compatible parts.  The 90, 100 and some 125cc have parts that swap.  You really just have to get the bike and see what it needs to get going.  Search Ebay using Kawasaki part numbers, easier to find stuff that way.