Sign in to follow this  

Anyone running heated grips?

Anyone running heated grips on thier XR600? I was thinking they might be nice on a cold day but not sure if they will work on a stock XR600R... they're only 35watts and I'm only running a cyclops led. Anyone know if the stock generator/stator is adequate to safely run both?

I'm running them on both my 650r (with the brake light and blinkers) and on the crf230 using the wound spare poles on the stator. In essence the same number of windings as the stock 600r. Worse come to worse you would not have as much heat or your headlight might dim or flicker. You could always use a headight switch and turn it off when using the GH also.

Sweet. I had them on my CBR600 and they are nice on a cold day. So how do you use the spare poles on the stator? Solder onto and run a separate set of wires for the grips? Or was that CRF specific?

Do it. I had em. The wiring was damaged in my accident. I cut the wires. Grips are still on but not wired up. Id do it again. Stock stator. 95 xr600. Ill check next week what brand. Bikes up north two hours.

Do it. I was happy street riding with warm hands