Sign in to follow this  

Best handling bikes

What in your opionion is the best handling bike? Vintage and modern bikes are 2 different animals, but whats the point of owning a bike if it dosnt handle good? chime in if u have any memories or if your present ride is the snizzle! :thumbsup:

I'm 35 years old but have ridden my share of vintage bikes including 73 440 maico, 73 elsinore, and of course many modern bikes. It's true they are different animals but I'll say this, the 73 Maico was absolutely on rails, it turned heads and shoulders better than the elsinore which was an overall great vintage bike. 

For me I don't have a strong opinion on modern bikes but that damn Maico holy shizzle. 

• Like 1

The lower the bike, the better it turns.

The taller the bike, the more room there is for suspension travel.

Most 'racing' has evolved into a slow show of guys catching air and 90 degree 'point and shoot' turns. Both of which favor suspension over the ability to turn. Look at bikes that actually have to go fast (flat track/TT bikes) and turn.

• Like 1

Most 'racing' has evolved into a slow show of guys catching air and 90 degree 'point and shoot' turns. Both of which favor suspension over the ability to turn. Look at bikes that actually have to go fast (flat track/TT bikes) and turn.

on real natural terrain modern taller suspension is much better. On groomed flat tracks lower does work better.
  • Like 1

I lowered a wr400 for a zippy play bike. Best turning bike I've ever ridden.

Before hand not so much

• Like 2

I had an '89 Honda NX650 for 4years, what a motorcycle! It wasn't  great off-road, but it's street prowess was superb. The motor wasn't a rocket, but had descent power. It's handling on pavement was it's strong point, I'd ride with guys on crotchrockets and eventhough I didn't have there acceleration, I was able to lose them in the highspeed corners. Unfortunately, around the time Mr. Obama was first elected, I went through some tough financial times and had to sell it, I had an XR400 also, and decided to keep it, wished I had done the opposite

• Like 1

There is alot more racing going on than just mx and sx.

I really like my 02 cr250 despite the suspension needing attention. Stable at high speed but corners very well. Had an 06  rm250 that turned on a dime, regret selling that one.

• Like 3

Huh, Honda is the best current. Did not know that. They went after Suzuki's turn at all cost program, ruined the bike, and has been bandaiding it since.

My YZ is ok. My GS450 has a slight hindging effect in mid corner. Course I can't ride worth a you know what so it doesn't matter what i say

• Like 2

I really like my 02 cr250 despite the suspension needing attention. Stable at high speed but corners very well. Had an 06  rm250 that turned on a dime, regret selling that one.

i had an 02 cr and a 05 rm, both just amazing, I now have a newer yz250 that i want to turn like my suzuki lol

• Like 2

1995 KX250 handled like a dream. Felt very light and nimble compared to a 450.  Im sure part of that is engine braking or the lack of going into a big berm. 

• Like 1

Beta.

Best I've seen. RD#5's 2015 KTM. Thing was on rails, turned on a dime, hooked up and got the power down.

As a Suzuki fan. That hurt, but the truth sometimes does   :facepalm: . 2017 can't come around fast enough. The RMZ450 fatty will be back from boot camp.

Edited by AddictedToBling
  • Like 3

Not a bike that I own but that 16 Kawi handles like a dream... handling is quick but it's still stable at speed. It was about as good if not better in the corners as my RMZ but the KX is soooo much easier to throw around. With a little suspension work (b/c I'm fat) that thing would be mind blowing! 

I wish I could afford one right now, I would buy it tomorrow. 

I never thought I would say any of those things about a Kawi. Including me owning one.  

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 1