Sign in to follow this  

Can't get xr200 head back on !

Hi I took the head off my 02 xr200 because the screw on the rocker to adjust valves came off.. Anyway I retrieved it and now I can't get the head back on. I think it's catching on the camshaft but not sure. The lobes are facing down and I see the 3 marks on the flywheel so pretty sure tdc. And suggestions?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's hanging up on the end of the camshaft, because there is this free-moving coller with some kind of bead that sticks out, but I don't know where it goes.

At least you caught it, Have seen numerous heads destroyed (at least screwed up) because locating dowel was not in hole.

Shame on Honda for putting actual bearings or at least replaceable collars on both ends of the camshaft.

I mean really, how friggin hard would it have been to put another collar on the other side and avoid so many trashed heads?

And most if not all the single cylinder XR's are like that.

Big shame, now someone needs to disembowel themselves :)

Shame on Honda for putting actual bearings or at least replaceable collars on both ends of the camshaft.

I mean really, how friggin hard would it have been to put another collar on the other side and avoid so many trashed heads?

I know what you mean. I was surprised it was a collar and not a bearing.