Sign in to follow this  

16 SXF 350 gearing

So I've had my 350 since July and I love it. There's a few niggles but it's to be expected with a brand new bike. I had a 450 before my new bike and I loved the power and how easy it was to use down low. What gearing options would make it better down low in the rev range and not have to rev it to the moon to get the power from it?

Steve, you must work at the KTM factory to get your bike by july. Anyway, I have the same bike and I think it needs a 51 because the aggresive map is a big jump from standard map and a 51 could be the middle of both.

I have not tryed the 51, but I put a FMF silencer because I hated the bike's original sound. I have not tested enough to know if it gained some down low. Next weekend I will go to a track where I van really feel it tor not.

By the way I think the air forks are great.

Cheers pedro. I got my bike in July as I paid my deposit in May before the bike was even officially launched. They hadn't even released a picture of it but I knew it was going to be very similar to the FE bikes so I wasn't too worried. I think my bike was number 8 to be delivered to the UK. Yeah I was considering a 52 rear sprocket but maybe that's too much of a jump. I race a variety of tracks that are very different so I was looking at gearing options to suit changing conditions. I looked at the akropovic evo exhaust system but I cannot justify £1100 for it. The silencer alone is nearly £500. How do you find the aggressive mapping? The air forks are great yeah. I've had mine revalved, along with the rear shock and it's incredible. I highly recommend it if you can't get your settings quite right as I couldn't

steve I think that the aggresive map is too agressive for my weight, riding ability, local terrain. I don't race anymore so that is why I found the suspension on this bike to be very good once I found the balance between the front and back.

To be honest, I haven't even tried the aggressive mapping yet. Every time I've ridden/raced it's either been too dry or too wet to even consider it. I'm hoping next weekend the weather will be better and I can give it a shot. The suspension is light years ahead of any previous WP fork. Even without the revalve. I suppose if you're not racing anymore then you can have your setting quite plush