rebuild gone wrong

so after buying a 2008 ktm 450 xcf  that had dropped a valve and needed head work and valve work i picked it up for about 1500 bucks in parts but with 99% pieces there so i ordered a bunch of new stuff and put it alll back together and tried to start it and all i got was some backfiring and not much else, took it to a friend and he suggested i put it back together 180 degrees out of timing which we had done. so put it all back together tried starting it and it sounded like it wanted to go and we ended up burnign up the starter relay and it go stuck. but we played with the carb and it started, not easy but it did, and then it ran pretty good till we killed it. loaded the bike up and took off back to my place after a few weeks we replaced the starter relay and could not get it to start again and also burned that one up, so got anoter installed and looked to see if i have spark which i did not have so i replaced the coil because it ohm tested bad and still no spark think it might be the tps but idk how to test it evertyhtin im reading looks like you adjust it with bike running. can you set it up without running the bike? if so how and can i just test it out of the bike to ensure its working? hoping to get it going and maybe ride it a time or 2 before winter hits ( i live in texas still warm here! ?) thanks in advance for the help

just replaced the stator and from what i understand it doesnt help start either but it ohmed bad also .8 and supposed to be between 1.5 and 2.1 still nothing, there was a mark on tps the showed were the factory installed it so i lined it up with that still noting i ohmed the cps and it checked out good ignition coil is  new spark plug boot ohmed good only thing else would be the spark plug which i ohmed also and it was at 3.7k ohms or something and somewhere i read on google should be less than 5k so good on the spark plug is only thing left the cdi? i would not want to dop 300 on a new one and that not even be the problem.

ive checked that before but not since the new coil so ill unplug it and check it again. what else could it be cdi? is that basicly the only thing thats left? would a tps make it not spark or just advance or retartd the timing of the spark so much that the bike fails to start and runs poorly?

did you check the valve clearance? compression test?

sounds like one of your valves may be too tight, or since you had the cam timing out maybe a bent valve.

a compression test will verify everything easily and a valve clearance verification will confirm it.

either that or your de-compressor is engaged.

if you have fuel and spark should get some kind of signs of life

i dont have spark tho it ran pretty decently when it did, but now i dont have any spark. i crank it over with the spark plug grounded and nothing no spark... is there any way to test the cdi or the tps does the tps only affect timing of the spark or also if there even is a spark?

i dont have spark tho it ran pretty decently when it did, but now i dont have any spark. i crank it over with the spark plug grounded and nothing no spark... is there any way to test the cdi or the tps does the tps only affect timing of the spark or also if there even is a spark?

I've seen Honda's where a bad TPS can cause a no spark condition. IDK about these KTM's