Sign in to follow this  

Can some one explain the guy that I bough my bike from words?

So I bought an 02 cr250r 2-stroke, when I bought the bike the guy said it would not work well as a motor cross bike because he altered(I cant remember the word he used) the carb so it would have more lower end power and not as much top end power so it would be better for trails. I know its not jetting but cant remember the word he used is it just changing the needles in the carb for a different air to fuel mix or something else? Also, i cant do wheelies on the bike even in first gear improper technique or something else?

• Like 1

You bought his bike from words?..You silver tongued devil you..Sounds like he modded it by boring the cylinder out..with sand, frying the clutch and possibly the ignition..But with words you did ok

• Like 2

Crazy idea here, can't you just ask the guy you bought it from?  Vs. having guys on the Internet wildly speculate at what he might have done?

• Like 2

A smaller carb would give better lowend.

Trials bikes are set up that way.

Check your manual for the correct carb then check the slide size and needle, jets in that carb.

• Like 1

Maybe he put a 36mm on if so it should still get on the power band a d come right up mine did.z take the carb off and get pictures and also do a compression test to have a starting point. If you are not comfortable doing this then find a competent person .

• Like 1

Crazy idea here, can't you just ask the guy you bought it from?  Vs. having guys on the Internet wildly speculate at what he might have done?

Now that's the best post of the day.

• Like 1

Wheelies are much easier with ceramic muffler bearings & a 61 tooth rear sprocket. That applies mostly to Hondas.

Edited by DEMI
  • Like 2

Yes, but you'll need 3 if they're new (only 2 if you can find some used on eBay).

Edited by zderekv
  • Like 1