Sign in to follow this  

Chain and sprockets

Hey guys and girls,im looking for a current topic on a chain and sprocket combo...I run 14/52 for woods riding.Any advice would be helpful. Damen

Hey guys and girls,im looking for a current topic on a chain and sprocket combo...I run 14/52 for woods riding.Any advice would be helpful. Damen

Sorry I guess what im asking is what bras you guys are using and recommending...thanks again

I don't wear a bra...

But if you are talking brands. I run the Primary Drive X-ring chain and sprocket combo for around $90. Have about 10 hours on it, so far so good, chain hasn't stretched much. Steel sprockets are the way to go for the woods, IMO.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post, if you are talking about gearing instead.

What bike are you running in the woods?

Edited by EatMaRoost

I don't wear a bra...

But if you are talking brands. I run the Primary Drive X-ring chain and sprocket combo for around $90. Have about 10 hours on it, so far so good, chain hasn't stretched much. Steel sprockets are the way to go for the woods, IMO.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post, if you are talking about gearing instead.

What bike are you running in the w

2000 ktm 300...yea I was looking to see the brands people a running.Steel would work the best for me.I almost order a set of Renthals then stopped because of some the reviews.Just thought I would ask around first.thanks for some insight  

I'm running JT steel sprockets on my XR, so far, so good.  I'm in the market for a new chain, haven't decided on brand, but it won't be an o ring or x ring chain, regular chain for me.  I lube it before every ride and clean it with kerosene after about every 3rd ride.  And Liquid Wrench chain lube for me, doesn't gunk up the chain, and its thin so it gets in the rollers.  Just spray it on, go gear up, and by the time you come back its set in, you can then lightly wipe off any excess.  This kind of care for a chain has made a $20 Chinese gold chain last an entire season (it was supposed to be temporary, but... ;) )

• Like 1