Sign in to follow this  

CLUTCH PROBLEMS PLEASE HELP! 1995 KX 125

hey guys so i recently bought a 1995 kx125 bought it in boxes and pieces and i have been piecing it together since.i got it all together new top end clutch hub and alot of other shit and work put into it. and it starts up will stay running everythings good. but when i pull the clutch in and go to put it into first it just bucks makes a noise that is not music to my ears and then cuts out. From what i can see after taking the clutch cover off is when the clutch is pulled in it doesnt move the hub at all. i took it all apart down to just the hub itself to see if the push rod was moving and  when i pushed, it did move out about i dont know maybe 1/8 of an inch but when i put the plates and cover back on it. it fails to move at all. some please help me out i haven't rode a dirt bike in a while and i have been dieing to get on this thing and take off. hearing it run is starting to get old i WANNA RIDE!

hey guys so i recently bought a 1995 kx125 bought it in boxes and pieces and i have been piecing it together since.i got it all together new top end clutch hub and alot of other shit and work put into it. and it starts up will stay running everythings good. but when i pull the clutch in and go to put it into first it just bucks makes a noise that is not music to my ears and then cuts out. From what i can see after taking the clutch cover off is when the clutch is pulled in it doesnt move the hub at all. i took it all apart down to just the hub itself to see if the push rod was moving and when i pushed, it did move out about i dont know maybe 1/8 of an inch but when i put the plates and cover back on it. it fails to move at all. some please help me out i haven't rode a dirt bike in a while and i have been dieing to get on this thing and take off. hearing it run is starting to get old i WANNA RIDE!

Yeap i did. When i ordered it i even made sure i had all the parts for it. But were the clutch cable connects to the engine is on the opposite side of the clutch you think that could be were the problem lies?

No need to make multiple posts for the same thing.

Did you bother to look at the parts fiche?

Yeap i did. When i ordered it i even made sure i had all the parts for it. But were the clutch cable connects to the engine is on the opposite side of the clutch you think that could be were the problem lies?

Ah, no ball bearing in your bike. But is shim (92022A) there?

Many clutch pressure plates have an arrow that has to line up with a mark on the center hub.

Many clutches have a certain order for the steels to go it.

Are you sure the center hub is properly seated? Meaning you cannot move it in or out when the plates are out and you grab and pull and push in and out.

What does your service manual say?

Sure, it is also possible you did something wrong with the clutch cable too. The actuation arm should be at 90 degrees +/- to the cable when resistance is first felt.

C1625_E1350.jpg

hey william. my apoligies on the double post i am new to here and was not aware yet of how annoying that could be and with that said i apoligize. wont happpen again! alright and  so i went back checked out all the hubs and everything no arrows pointing me in a direction it should go in . i have the 92022a shim and i have put it all back together the push rod moves inside the clutch hub but fails to move it at all. its as if once the cover and everything goes on somethings creating a resistance in which i cant pull the lever past a certain point. i have pictures if you dont mind could you take a look?

okay so one of these you can see how much the push rod exceeds out of the clutch hub does that look like the right amount of movement for the clutch to move. and the other is what it looks like with with the operating clutch housing over it does that look correct. once i get that last clutch cover over it it barely struggles to move at all. its like the clutch nut or something is holding it back from moving. i look forward to hearing back from you and cant tank you enough for helping me out. hopefully i can get this bike moving real soon

20151110_120917.jpeg

20151110_115707.jpeg

20151110_115853.jpeg

the push rod only moves between those two dark marks on the rod i measured it was about 8mm. i feel like it should be moving a bit more then that let me know what you think?

95 kx 125

So the push rod moves out about 8mm but fails to move clutch hub out like it should anyone got any ideas of what it could be? Clutch doenst move at all with all the plates and hub on it

Edited by BRANDFLAKEZZZ

So it's failing to disengage? If it's this try looking at the basket to see if their is a lot of wear. Here sometimes it creates slots that the plates will catch on

So it's failing to disengage? If it's this try looking at the basket to see if their is a lot of wear. Here sometimes it creates slots that the plates will catch on

hey man so i got the new bucket put it on but still nothing the basket fails to move at all when i pull in the clutch still feeels exactly like before. i dont know what it could be 

you need a new basket.

those notches will cause your issue.

got a brand new basket swapped the gears off the old one and still nothing the clutch basket doesnt move out at all its as if its exactly like before and something preventing it from moving past a certtain point

you need a new basket.

those notches will cause your issue.

when i clutch in and shift into gear it just bucks a bit then stalls. Im stumped

Did you replace the clutch plates with new ones?
If so, did you coat them with gearbox oil prior to installing them?

Edited by mlatour

Did you replace the clutch plates with new ones?

If so, did you coat them with gearbox oil prior to installing them?

i didnt replace them the old ones looked fine and yea i let them soak in 2 stroke oil for almost a day