Sign in to follow this  

Am I Buying The Right Bike?

I'm 5'11 155 23 yrs old 

Want a bike that is good for trail riding usually lots of mud on trails won't be going to fast 90% of the time. 

I'm now looking at an 04 CRF230F

In some videos it looks kinda small with an adult rider on it? Maybe its just me.

I am pretty new to dirt biking but know I will pick it up quick. I had a 125sx KTM a few years ago that was about what I would say is the perfect size maybe a bit tall for me if anything. 

If you liked the 125sx then I would think that a 200xc would be a good starting point.

• Like 1

If you liked the 125sx then I would think that a 200xc would be a good starting point.

The KTM actually seized on about the 3rd ride but I think I was sold a dud. Anyways there's hardly any used KTM's around my area so that is out of the question.

The price for a used crf230 is very attractive but I kinda worry bout it being small size wise. Guess I'll get a better idea if I go see it.

I would grab the 230 and ride the piss out of it until you sell it for about what you bought it for. It might be the greatest beginner bike of all time.

• Like 1

I ended up picking up a 2007 kx250f instead. Lots of power to grow into.

I stupidly topped off the tank with 87 fuel not even thinking about it. Should I drain it or will it be ok? Book says 95 minimum 

I'm glad that you didn't go with the 230, you would have been kicking yourself in no time. As for the fuel, while it likely won't hurt your bike you could just dump it in a bottle and run it thru the lawn mover if you're concerned about it. A bigger concern is leaving the fuel in the carb for extended periods- ethanol is no Bueno.

• Like 1