Sign in to follow this  

CRF pads fit 15 YZ250?

Does CRF front brake pads fit 15' YZ250 caliper? Thanks

Does CRF front brake pads fit 15' YZ250 caliper? Thanks

they dont, the crf pads fit the 07 and older yz250 front caliper. from 08+ they have smaller pads. If you want some pucker power put on a cr/crf front caliper. anything from i think as far back as the late 90s fits. naturally i would try and find something a bit newer tho

Edited by adam8781
  • Like 1

they dont, the crf pads fit the 07 and older yz250 front caliper. from 08+ they have smaller pads. If you want some pucker power put on a cr/crf front caliper. anything from i think as far back as the late 90s fits. naturally i would try and find something a bit newer tho

Ok, the CRF caliper will bolt directly on the YZ?

Ok, the CRF caliper will bolt directly on the YZ?

it slides right on the pins of the old one yes.

it slides right on the pins of the old one yes.

thanks

There is a big thread on here, but most people change the master cylinder, not the caliper. And if it means anything I think I just read that the Yamaha factory lites guys run the 07 YZF caliper for some reason.

Edited by johnk408

They will with a little modification. I'm run'n them on my 2010,12, & 13. YZ pads have a notch on one end. Honda pads do not. The notch is for the yz clip in the caliper.

I use my Drimmel & notch the Honda pads to match.

They work flawlessly !!

Here is where I get mine

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291373675783?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I don't think there is much difference in the two. I also have an 02 with an oversize non floating & it works great.

There is a big thread on here, but most people change the master cylinder, not the caliper. And if it means anything I think I just read that the Yamaha factory lites guys run the 07 YZF caliper for some reason.

the newer yz/yzf brakes have a small plunger in the master cylinder, and small pistons in the caliper. if you go to a crf caliper they have larger pistons. the leverage of the small plunger on the bigger crf pistons creates much more clamping force.

I am running a 08 yz250f master, with a 06 yz250 caliper. for a stock size rotor this thing has some serious stopping power vs the current stock setups.  The crf caliper is about the same size pistons as the 07 ones.

Am I the only one who thinks the stock setup is pretty decent? My stock 2014 seems to have better front brakes then most bikes I've ridden.

Thanks for the link, that's a very informative thread.

My 2010 YZ125 is all stock master/caliper/pads with the exception for a braided front brake line, which was a noticeable improvement.

Might research about some EBC pads before re-ordering the OEM ones at replacement time.

Edited by mlatour