More torque

You can usually go down 1 tooth from stock on the front safely, but no more than that. That's equivalent to going up 3 on the rear. Doing the front is cheap and easy to change out. Usually only requires a chain slack adjustment. Going up 3 on the rear can cause you to need a new longer chain, depending on your current chain and room for adjustment.

You'll definitely feel the 1 tooth difference on the front. I suggest you try that first. If you need more low end torque after that, then you can consider a bigger rear sprocket to go with the new front. And it won't need to be as big as if you started with swapping the rear.

If money is not an option then a stroker crank and a 511 big bore kit will get ya lots of torque. My buddy has that setup in a 2007 and it is a torque beast. It is scary fast. I have ridden it many times and if your looking for something to downside a triple right out of a corner it is an exceptional option. Our mod Shawn_Mc built the motor and can give you more details if you need them.

• 2 weeks later...

You can usually go down 1 tooth from stock on the front safely, but no more than that. That's equivalent to going up 3 on the rear. Doing the front is cheap and easy to change out. Usually only requires a chain slack adjustment. Going up 3 on the rear can cause you to need a new longer chain, depending on your current chain and room for adjustment.

You'll definitely feel the 1 tooth difference on the front. I suggest you try that first. If you need more low end torque after that, then you can consider a bigger rear sprocket to go with the new front. And it won't need to be as big as if you started with swapping the rear.

. Finally changed the front sprocket to a 12. I definitely notice the difference. Thinking about going bigger on the back. I love that low end torque. What do you suggest for a rear sprocket

Was running a 13/50 combo on a stock 10 motor & it felt strong off the bottom end with plenty of torque.   For mx use I went down to a 49 & it still feels like it pulls that gearing well off the low end.  I wouldn't recommend using a 12 front sprocket as it will wear the parts out faster.

it's too small causing the chain to put pressure on the chain slider. If you don't pay attention to your slider and it wears through then it starts eating your swingarm. Not to mention the extra wear and tear on your chain.

Keeping the chain slack adjusted and doing the regular maintenance that's needed done will prevent those things from happening. I've got a crap ton of hours on my chain and sprockets and haven't had the first problem