Sign in to follow this  

My new 350xcf

I have been riding two strokes for 10 years straight tried one four stroke kept it for a month. Well last weekend I rode a guy's 350 XCF and was hooked on the 4 stroke power so I sold my 300xc this week and bought me a new 350 XCF. I had a huge smile for the hour that I rode the bike, can't wait to get it out again Sunday and put some serious seat on it. Is the Motul 7100 good choice for oil.

20151107_130431.jpg

20151107_134452.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on your new ride!! I'm looking to replace my dedicated woods bike 2012 KTM 300xc. But the thing I hate the most about it is the forks! How is the suspension out of the box on yours?

Edited by jaybo769

I have been riding two strokes for 10 years straight tried one four stroke kept it for a month. Well last weekend I rode a guy's 350 XCF and was hooked on the 4 stroke power so I sold my 300xc this week and bought me a new 350 XCF. I had a huge smile for the hour that I rode the bike, can't wait to get it out again Sunday and put some serious seat on it. Is the Motul 7100 good choice for oil.

Beautiful bike!

Congrats on your new ride!! I'm looking to replace my dedicated woods bike 2012 KTM 300xc. But the thing I hate the most about it is the forks! How is the suspension out of the box on yours?

Only rode it for about an hr. But in that short time I can tell you the forks are 10 times better then my 2014 300xc. Will get to really have some seat time on it today, will report back

Got out on mine again yesterday and have to say I am really enjoying the 350. I wasn't riding the 4CS yesterday but it does seem to get better as it breaks in.

My only complain on the 350 right now that I might have to play around with is the gearing. It seems a bit high and when I tried the 51 rear it made it too snappy in my opinion like it would wear you out in a 2 hr race. So back to the stock 50 for now and will figure out something else to try in future. It lugs nice and is a very easy bike to ride.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts after more seat time.

I just purchased a '16 350 XCFW. Put the same gearing on it as I was running on my '13 300 XCW. It's still in break-in mode, so I haven't done any woods stuff on it yet. The 14-50 set-up feels pretty good so far. I'm also running MotoZ tires front and rear.

Got out on mine again yesterday and have to say I am really enjoying the 350. I wasn't riding the 4CS yesterday but it does seem to get better as it breaks in.

My only complain on the 350 right now that I might have to play around with is the gearing. It seems a bit high and when I tried the 51 rear it made it too snappy in my opinion like it would wear you out in a 2 hr race. So back to the stock 50 for now and will figure out something else to try in future. It lugs nice and is a very easy bike to ride.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts after more seat time.

try 14:51 or 13:49

Ok so I was able to get 4 hrs seat time sunday on sandy tight NJ single track. This bike has loads of torque & at the chop of the throttle you are going places in a hurry. Couple things that i noticed is the gearing is ok, might have to go up on the rear sprocket as it seams I was shifting between 2 & 3 alot. I believe if I went up 1 on the rear 3rd would be my primary fast single track gear. Also the damn right side # plate where the pipe & silencer connect is catching on my boot. Going to take a heat gun & roll the bottom edge inward & this should do the trick. The suspension is all stock & feels great, nothing like the forks 0n my 14 300xc. These absorb all the roots & hacked up trail really nice, both ends. There is no harsh feeling & were also feeling nice on some moto tracks layed out in the sand pits. I am more then pleased with this 350 xc, oh & the weight is on par with my 300. Im amazed they made a 4 stroke this light. KTM is at the top of there game. The brakes are bad ass also, stopping is not a issue. Quality is the best out there with all the sweet components that come stock on these bikes.

Good to hear you got some more seat time in this past weekend and are liking the 350XCF. I managed to get some more in myself and have to agree enjoying the bike more and more.  I have a 51 tooth in the garage and might give it a try next time out and also ordered a 13/49 combo to try to see if I can find a gearing combo I'm a bit happier with. Now my friend just picked one up and he told me to swap out the throttle cam from gray to black and it fixes the power and gearing seems to feel different and not as much of an issue. I looked in my package and didn't have the black throttle cam so dealer is sending me one and I will try it to see if I notice a difference. I agree the bikes are super light weight and to me it is the best handling KTM chassis to date. You might want to back out the little set screw on ignition cover and put some high temp silicone on it and run it back in. My bike started weeping a little oil and it is minor but the silicone keeps it from doing that.

• Like 1

14-52 seems to be about right. It makes 1st gear just a little fast for really tight woods (for a half-fast C rider). For everything else it pulls well and has good top end.

What a nice bike ! I wonder how these 350 fells compare to a 450 !

What a nice bike ! I wonder how these 350 fells compare to a 450 !

I had an 08 450 XCRW before getting my 300 XCW, which I recently sold to get a 350 XCFW. The 450 is a cow compared to the 350. (in the woods) Hard to stop, hard to get going. I really loved my 300, but needed a 350 for a ride down thru Baja.

Congrats!!  Did you pick up a 15 or 16 model?  I've always been a 2 stroke guy as well.  Love the 125 for fun factor but if not on a track and doing hilly trails no good.  Been riding a 06 YZ 250 and love it, just sold it (regret it already as i could have just kept it and had both but oh well) got a rip'n deal on a new 2015 350 XC-F from shop making room for the 16's and couldn't say no.  recovering from broken collarbone so can't ride the new bike for 6-7 more weeks.   I hope I am not disapointed!

• Like 1

Congrats!!  Did you pick up a 15 or 16 model?  I've always been a 2 stroke guy as well.  Love the 125 for fun factor but if not on a track and doing hilly trails no good.  Been riding a 06 YZ 250 and love it, just sold it (regret it already as i could have just kept it and had both but oh well) got a rip'n deal on a new 2015 350 XC-F from shop making room for the 16's and couldn't say no.  recovering from broken collarbone so can't ride the new bike for 6-7 more weeks.   I hope I am not disapointed!

I have a 16 model & have 29 hrs on it & love the power. Rode a 250 xc 2 stroke last weekend for comparisson & have to say even though i love 2 strokes the power delivery of the 350 is awesome

Thx...yes the 16's totally new bike from ground up. I hope I love my 15 model. I figure for the over 2k I saved I could upgrade the 15 for less

Edited by AceMaker