Sign in to follow this  

cam cover

hello everybody im new to this forum ,i have a question ,i have a 04 honda crf 50 ,it has a few upgrades, i have a tb racing head on it ,i think it needs  new piston and rings, when i kick start the bike the cam cover spins,i dont know why , i have a tb oil coller installed in the other side i dont want to tighten t much ,  what advise can i get to fix this problem, i have a sicko cam cover,i dont want  to strip it ,

hello everybody im new to this forum ,i have a question ,i have a 04 honda crf 50 ,it has a few upgrades, i have a tb racing head on it ,i think it needs  new piston and rings, when i kick start the bike the cam cover spins,i dont know why , i have a tb oil coller installed in the other side i dont want to tighten t much ,  what advise can i get to fix this problem, i have a sicko cam cover,i dont want  to strip it ,

the only reason I can think of why it spins is because it isnt torqued down properly and it isnt aligned to the notch.  there are two notches that are on the inside of the head and another on on the cover.  all of those keep it from spinning.  take them off and inspect it.  my guess is that they are sheered and will need replaced and those tabs that came off will need to be located and removed.