Sign in to follow this  

K&N on a 2 stroke! (NO CRYING!)

Hi all, I've bought one of the new "X-stream" k&n air filters for my 2 stroke dirt bike. Before anyone cries about them letting more dirt in, the X-stream filters are designed for dirt bikes, they have a 4 layer filtering media, and greater surface area. This is NOT what I'm asking about. Unless you have personal experience, I don't care.

So, has anyone had experience fitting a k&n on their 2 stroke (dirt bike or otherwise!), how did it affect the power and jetting?

The reason I've bought it is because foam filters are so messy and labourious to clean (I have other hobbies... Like beer!) And sometimes I use a little too much oil, sometimes not enough... And I always make a mess! The bike being 2 stroke is very sensitive to the slightest change, and the difference between oils, can affect the jetting greatly, so I just want a bit more uniformity... Plus it being easier to service, I will be more inclined to service more often!

So, once more, how has it affected your jetting and/or power?

Thanks!

A buddy of mine switched to one recently with no jetting changes necessary, but his bike has too many strokes. No power change, or else he would have needed a new main. I just put a Twin Air prefilter on mine to see if I can clean the main filter less often. That way at least I don't have to cringe thinking about dirt falling into the airboot.

Edited by clappedoutkx