used 06 YZ450 input needed

Condition is everything

The bikes are bulletproof if maintained.

Start the bike cold. It should start with no throttle and choke on in 4 kicks or less

After shutting it down, look at the dipstick. The  oil should be clear.

Pull the seat and look at the air cleaner . If it is filthy, walk away or negotiate a large discount.

00x0x_lb6EsdcCx5W_600x450.jpg

00808_kRRq58Fnpr1_600x450.jpg

01111_6XnT8CffLL4_600x450.jpg

00F0F_cPVnG7dDdLJ_600x450.jpg

"Special Edition YZ450F with an FMF exhaust and a Rekluse Clutch. Bike runs good and has been well maintained. Bike comes with the original Clutch, an extra set of plastics, new brake pads and owner's manual. I am selling the bike because I don't have time to ride and could use the money on the house."

I had a 07 (similar bike). Awesome bike, the only problem I had was my cam chain seizing on me. (Prob my fault). But after I replaced it I just ran a little more oil to keep it well lubricated.

Condition is everything

The bikes are bulletproof if maintained.

Start the bike cold. It should start with no throttle and choke on in 4 kicks or less

After shutting it down, look at the dipstick. The  oil should be clear.

Pull the seat and look at the air cleaner . If it is filthy, walk away or negotiate a large discount.

Mine has over 300 and it's nowhere near being done.  It's all a matter of how they're used and how they're kept up. 

You can wear out that motor in 10 hours or 500.

It depends on how it was treated.

200 is safe for that bike, if the bike is not worn out visually.

Those aren't the original style graphics if that matters.  It does look clean though.

Dave

thanks gents...

Edited by THUMPERRRR
  • Like 1

Really it's all personal preference. Considering the condition and what has been done to it I would wait unless he's willing to sell for 2k or close to that # but again that's just my opinion. I'm not sure what your situation is or how you moto market is where you live.

I have one and love it. Solid bike for sure. Still has OEM piston in it and it runs like a dream. I'm still going to put a new piston in it tho just for reassurance. But I'd see if he'd go down on it a little I got mine for $2000 but I don't know what the market for bikes is where you live and mine doesn't have anything like a rekluse or aftermarket exhaust.