Sign in to follow this  

What front tire?

I have been running the Bridgestone 403 for years. Now they quit making the best tire out there. (Dumb as hell). So I tried the new X30. This tire does not transition to different soils well at all. It sticks really good then washes out. So Bridgestone just lost my business. Let me tell you what I want out of my tire so you can recommend based on that. Good wear and a do it all tire. I race motocross and trail ride. The 403 Was great for all situations and lasted pretty good. So what do you guys think Dunlop MX32 or a Michelin tire or something else. Thanks for your suggestions.

You can still get them from the on-line shops. Find one and then stock up! Other than that, I use the M59 which is the one of the best do it all tires.

I can't say about the mx32 but the mx31 was a great track tire for 4 motos +- and then junk. I've been running the michelins since and like them I can run a season on a front but I'm cheap and don't change them as often as I should. I couldn't do that with the dunlops

Stock up. It's a great tire. Worry about it in 2 years

I loved my MX32's on my crf but when I bought my yz250fx I had to look for a 18" rear tire so I tried goldentyre. I thought the mx32 front had grip, then I tried the 216aa. There is no comparison, it is the best front tire I have ever used!

You can still get them from the on-line shops. Find one and then stock up! Other than that, I use the M59 which is the one of the best do it all tires.

rocky mountain and motosport are out of them for a 80/100/21. Thanks though I will look more

GoldenTyre GT216AAHB, best out there bro...

i will try it thanks

I'm running Washougals, love them for track and trail. My wife went from a bike with Washougals to one with the 403/404 and she likes the Washougals better....After I rode her new bike, I like the Washougals better as well.....They definitely turn better....I've haven't put any real time on the 403, but I found in the clayey dirt that I did ride it on, it pushed a ton more...Again, just a short, fairly slow ride.

following this thread with interest. Got a 403 and x30 to go on my bike next...

Finally got the chance to try the long raved about 403 and now its discontinued... Oh well. GT next by the sound of it.

rocky mountain and motosport are out of them for a 80/100/21. Thanks though I will look more

i will try it thanks

consider the 90 if you're riding offroad. Taller sidewall is plusher

If you compare the knob pattern from the M403 to the new X30 the change is drastic!

I'm no tire expert but the X30 (as was the M403) is marketed as a 'mid-hard' terrain tire,

the new X30 front tread pattern is more comparable to what other tire manufacturers offer as 'hard terrain' designs.

The knob placement doesn't seem to favor any self cleaning at all but rather having a large contact patch / more small bitting surfaces for harder soils.

The previous M403 already wasn't at home in the soft, I can't see this X30 front tire

being any better in anything remotely soft/loose that a 'medium' tire is expected to still work well in.

Edited by mlatour