Sign in to follow this  

BSR42 carb spacer

I need the dimensions of the carb spacer that was made by Mudguy or anyone else that has turned one for themselves. I do not have a stock Keihin to measure and have already messaged Mudguy with no response.

Thanks

I need the dimensions of the carb spacer that was made by Mudguy or anyone else that has turned one for themselves. I do not have a stock Keihin to measure and have already messaged Mudguy with no response.

Thanks

Dont understand,I mounted my 42mm carb no spacer?

I don't have the spacer size but, I do still have the stock Keihin carb.

4.4" long

1.73" engine side

2..32" air filter side

Hope this helps.

Perc

Thanks! Perc

Dont understand,I mounted my 42mm carb no spacer?

Is your air boot stretched ?

Thanks! Perc

Is your air boot stretched ?

I removed intake manifold,put carb in vise.Heat gun to manifold.Then removed air box with boot,heat gun clamped it.Let it sit few days.Installed carb with manifold attached.Then pushed air box/with boot on carb.Then bolted air box on.

I've tried BTR's method a few times now with no luck. Does anyone have a spacer that is not using it and want to sell ? I'm also all ears for other ideas.

Thanks guys

I had no access to a lathe to mill up a spacer so I ended making a spacer between the air box & the boot that attaches to the carb. 2000miles later, still fine & no leaks.

I've tried BTR's method a few times now with no luck. Does anyone have a spacer that is not using it and want to sell ? I'm also all ears for other ideas.

Thanks guys

this will sound crazy lol, but I took my carb to home depot looking for something that would fit. In the section with the hard plastic coupler's for irrigation or plumbing I found this. https://goo.gl/photos/EKkKmvQypuVnPT8G8. Had to sand the inside down a little to fit over the carb and it's a tad to long so you would have to cut a half inch or so off the other side. But after that fit like a charm, 3 years no problems, cost 2 bucks. Only reason I took it off the bike, is I screwed up the throttle on it, so I got a another one. Edited by dlock5

It's not running, yet. The boot will not stay attached. It keeps slipping off when I tighten the clamp. No problems with the manifold.

Thanks dlock !

Edited by nomad221

Decided to grind down the inside lip of the boot with the mighty dremel with a stone attached and the carb fits and doesn't slip off after clamping it. Can't wait to ride !