Sign in to follow this  

1985 honda vf500 interceptor street fighter

Hi guys, picking up my first streetbike on Saturday, it's a 1985 honda vf500 interceptor, has fairly low miles, but has a few minor issues, as in no front break, no speedo, and petcock doesn't allow fuel to come out. I'm only 16 and my funds are fairly limited because well I'm 16 haha. I've never worked on a streetbike before, ridden them, but never owned one. So I'm in love with the street fighter style. First off, what is everything I should expect maintaining? And what's a good cheap slip on set for it? I'm gonna be pulling off the front windscreen and that whole plastic. I'll be removing rear fender, and probable cutting the seat in half and wrapping it. Any good ideas or tips or anything for the bike would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447004587.176364.jpg

Nice bike. I have one similar to that. It's a 1985 V65 Sabre. It's more of a muscle bike than a sports bike. Does your bike run well? These carbs are so hard to take off. Also, I'm not sure if these interceptors suffer cam issues as the magna/sabre did. I also had a few electrical issues with mine. If you are going to do light mods like LEDs or something like that, you must upgrade the main fuse to a modern day inline fuse. I added a phone charger to mind and I blew the old fuse like 3 times lol.

I would defiantly check out this forum. It's extremely active and there is a ton of people with these bikes and loads of good information.    http://v4musclebike.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25