Sign in to follow this  

2003 KX250 Rear Axle Diameter

I purchased a used 2003 KX250 on craigslist that needed quite a bit of work, especially around the rear drive area.  I cannot seem to find any information on the rear axle diameter and nut that is consistent.  According to most sites, the axle should be 20MM, but I believe mine is 22MM.  Also, the nut should be castled, but the one on mine, which doesnt seem to fit the axle well, is a smooth top 32mm nut.  I did order a complete replacement axle/nut/seals/etc (used) off Ebay, but its 20mm axle and doesnt fit.  The nut on the used part is castled and way smaller than the one on the bike.  Does anyone have a stock 2003 KX250 I can compare with?  Thanks for any help!!!

Jumon

axle thread diameter or shaft diameter? Shaft is 25mm. 

http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/p/kawasaki/92210-1411/nut-castle-22mm

The nut has been the same for a while. My 2005 is 32mm on the outside.

I was measuring the threads real quick since I dont have the axle off the bike right now (just pulled it yesterday and will probably take it off again later today to measure it) and they were near 22mm.  I do recall the the axle was a bit larger than the threads so 25mm makes sense and now I know why the nut is 22mm, because of the threads being smaller.  I was thinking the 22mm was outer diameter for some reason.  Is the OEM nut castled then? Not sure what the previous owner did here.  The nut on there is creating its own threads so its definitely wrong for the bolt and I'll need a new set.  Thats what I bought off ebay, but the axle is 20mm, so definitely wrong.  Thanks!!!!!

Edited by jumon