Sign in to follow this  

Cold weather riding gloves?

I'm going to a motocross camp in December and I know it'll probably be cold and I can't stand my fingers freezing in regular riding gloves so I was wondering if there are any cold weather motocross gloves that really work or any tips of things to wear under my gloves or something. I don't want them to be bulky, I still want it to feel pretty normal.

Anything insulated enough to keep your hands warm at a comfortable temp for a prolonged period of time is going to be more bulky than you're used to. Just something you'll have to get used to.

The MSR Cold Pro aren't too bad. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/37926/i/msr-cold-pro-gloves

Otherwise, look at cold weather street gloves. The long gaiter gloves are great for keeping the cold away from your wrists and from seeping up your sleeves.

I use the fox polar paw. Wearing them it's hard to tell the difference between regular gloves and these. They have always kept my hands warm.

• Like 1

I use the fox polar paw. Wearing them it's hard to tell the difference between regular gloves and these. They have always kept my hands warm.

Same here. I recommend them also.

What ever you purchase, make sure they are not tight. I had a quad bypass in 2002 and cold hands are a big problem for me and have tried a lot of different gloves, I have found that the Handy Andy work gloves work well in a large size and the version that says "Rubberized" on the glove. I have tried the Fox cold weather gloves and have found that they run small and were useless due to that. Normally I prefer a tight glove, but not for cold weather riding - it's also important to keep your core warm so that the body does not rob your extremities of warm blood flow so I wear poly winter underwear. With the poly winter wear you normally will not overheat.

I use Fly Racing Title cold weather gloves.  They are very warm and waterproof.  I mainly use them for snowmobiling, even down to zero degrees, of course I have handwarmers and cold guards (kinda like gauntlets).  For cold weather dirt biking they're great, not bulky, still have good grip and feel.

2015-fly-racing-title-long-gloves-mcss.j

Best I've found is an Icon street glove, all leather, with a thin base glove, like a stretch style one or a synthetic even better. It retains the flexibilty and dexterity pretty damn well. Oh and larger hand guards like Tusks help somewhat to deflect the chill. Have you seen those hand/bar mitts? Look crazy and almost too warm. Sweating in the cold is no good....

Pawtectors are decent, if really cold they are not adequate.

Best I have found is klim Snowmobile gloves. They make some smaller/thinner models that work great.

Hand guards will help a lot also.

Klim Inversion gloves. They are thin enough to not be bulky, but warm at the same time.

Joe

These really work well but are pricey, if you ride a lot in cold weather they are well worth it. Once again, get them larger than what you normal ride in so that your circulation stays high.

Latex medical type gloves under regular riding gloves works pretty well.

Heard about some people doing this, I'll have to try it

I have seen others that do this, but they cut the palm out of the glove so just your fingers and back of the hand are covered. I want to try it myself. Edited by bigbird192

I tried this years ago. My hands were colder than with just gloves alone. The rubber doesn't breathe. My hands were wet when pulling them off.