Sign in to follow this  

2015/2016 mapping

Hey guys I just went from a 15 to a 16 and was running the "acceleration/hard packed map" and absolutely loved it. Was going to run the same map on my 2016 but I noticed they changed for 2016. With updated internals and Ecu settings do you think I can run my 15 map and not hurt the bike? I tried the smooth 2016 map and not the same. Thoughts? Newb wrench guy just don't want to jack up the bike running the old setting.

image.png

image.png

Run it, you can't really screw things up much with the tuner, it's set up so you can't drastically change the values.

have you tried the maps given by the magazine test riders? check dirt rider or MXA for their settings in their review

MXA recomended the hard hitting map for the 16..

• Like 1

I think Im also confused as to which map to run on the 2016 base line settings, one says "smooth acceleration in the notes" the other says smooth power delivery. I just want less rip and a smooth delivery through the whole throttle. 

I think Im also confused as to which map to run on the 2016 base line settings, one says "smooth acceleration in the notes" the other says smooth power delivery. I just want less rip and a smooth delivery through the whole throttle.

Just play around and try your own settings. Adding fuel low makes it smoother, taking timing away eliminates the hit.

There is a fine line though where certain changes won't benefit you.

• Like 1

The bottom one is for muddy conditions so it will be really mellow. I'd try both but you'd probably like the middle stock one/hardpack tune.

Just play around and try your own settings. Adding fuel low makes it smoother, taking timing away eliminates the hit.

There is a fine line though where certain changes won't benefit you.

The bottom one is for muddy conditions so it will be really mellow. I'd try both but you'd probably like the middle stock one/hardpack tune.

I think I'll try that one next. The Linear one was a bit weird to me. The 14/15 hard pack smooth acceleration map was perfect, smooth power throughout the throttle, good for beginners and mistakes, lol. 

Edited by usafwx

I think I'll try that one next. The Linear one was a bit weird to me. The 14/15 hard pack smooth acceleration map was perfect, smooth power throughout the throttle, good for beginners and mistakes, lol.

Wait which one are you using the one for muddy conditions? I'm still running stock right now which works pretty good in most situations but I think I'm going to the hard hitting one.

Wait which one are you using the one for muddy conditions? I'm still running stock right now which works pretty good in most situations but I think I'm going to the hard hitting one.

I ran the muddy one and didnt like it. Gonna go with the hard pack one next. The 14/15 mapping for hard pack was PERFECT, just apprehensive about using it, there has to be a reason yamaha updated it for 16. 

I ran the muddy one and didnt like it. Gonna go with the hard pack one next. The 14/15 mapping for hard pack was PERFECT, just apprehensive about using it, there has to be a reason yamaha updated it for 16.

I'd agree and I'd definitely try the hard pack one. From the little mapping knowledge I have and knowing the stock that one looks like it would work very well. Just am fyi one of my buddies went really lean on his 15 and said it lost power and was never the same even after he put the tune back to stock so there may be issues with going to lean but that's just by the seat of his pants.
  • Like 1

I'd agree and I'd definitely try the hard pack one. From the little mapping knowledge I have and knowing the stock that one looks like it would work very well. Just am fyi one of my buddies went really lean on his 15 and said it lost power and was never the same even after he put the tune back to stock so there may be issues with going to lean but that's just by the seat of his pants.

Hence why I stick to the Yamaha approved maps and my question in the first place. Im a general decent wrencher but once you start talking mapping and what not Im lost, probably keep the 16 into the 17 season unless the 17 is a big improvement and need her to last.

Edited by usafwx

Where does yamaha provide the different maps at, do they come with the Tuner or are they posted somewhere...  

And yes, I have seen several here on TT, just wondering were everyone is getting them. 

Where does yamaha provide the different maps at, do they come with the Tuner or are they posted somewhere...  

And yes, I have seen several here on TT, just wondering were everyone is getting them.

Yamaha website. Should show up when you choose a model.