Sign in to follow this  

Which pipe is this?

I'm considering buying the new Akro Evo system for my 16 350 sxf. Can anyone tell me if the pipe in this picture is the 16 system or an earlier one. The stock pictures show a lighter coloured silencer but I love the colour of the one in the picture

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447021819.796244.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447021849.467338.jpg

I think that's a cut down 15

Yep, that's the one! Discussion on this on the other thread.

Thanks PsyCo. I'd do the same but it seems more hassle than it's worth to be honest. I'll just buy a pipe that was designed for my bike

Edited by Steve_Kay

I wish I could buy after spending £300 on a 14 one spending another 300 wasn't for me ,also they add zero power imo

I'm planning on buying the whole system instead of just the silencer. MXA did a feature on the FMF 4.1 on the 16 350 and said it transformed the bike. More power in the low and mid range. I think I'm going to go the titanium FMF route now. It's £400 cheaper for a start

Well hopefully they are correct ,the 250 has tiny gains from pipes ,the 350 is abviously different so looking forward to your ride report

That is my bike. And yes it is right that it is a cut down Akra for the 2015 model. Cutting is not that hard, but if you have to buy a new one anyways, I might also leave it alone.

Unfortunately the 2016 Akra is even longer than the stock muffler. So maybe I would could that one too - just for the looks. But it is way easier to cut the outlet down, than it is to cut on the inlet side.

Thanks for the advice paradan. No idea why the Akra is so expensive this year. £1064 or $1600. It's no doubt a good system but it's way overpriced I think. I've been looking at the FMF 4.1 and the pro circuit ti6. Both are noticeably cheaper and the reviews MXA have done on both sound quite promising