Sign in to follow this  

1985 honda vf500f street fighter

Hi guys, picking up my first streetbike on Saturday, it's a 1985 honda vf500 interceptor, has fairly low miles, but has a few minor issues, as in no front break, no speedo, and petcock doesn't allow fuel to come out. I'm only 16 and my funds are fairly limited because well I'm 16 haha. I've never worked on a streetbike before, ridden them, but never owned one. So I'm in love with the street fighter style. First off, what is everything I should expect maintaining? And what's a good cheap slip on set for it? I'm gonna be pulling off the front windscreen and that whole plastic. I'll be removing rear fender, and probable cutting the seat in half and wrapping it. Any good ideas or tips or anything for the bike would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1447025340.670747.jpg

Fun old bike! It was my first "bullet bike" when I got mine someone had taken the back plate off the exhausts. It made it louder. If you start stripping things set up an eBay account and sell them there. That might help increase you funds for more upgrades. Good luck.