Sign in to follow this  

How to ruin a great day of riding

:cry::rant:

Beautiful day for riding, my youngest son and I decided to go for a little ride up behind the house.  Had a lot of fun, did some slow technical stuff and some not so slow blasting.  We were on our way home, 5 minutes from the house on a trail at the top of the ridge that I've ridden literally a thousand times.  The sun was playing shadow tricks, but I was having fun hauling ass on some whoops.  Suddenly, a big tree root in the middle of the trail that I usually avoid without even thinking reached out and grabbed my front tire :rolleyes: .  Over the bars I went, the bike somersaulted a couple times, landed on me and knocked the wind out of me real good.  I'm sitting there trying to catch my breath, my son rolls up and pulls the bike off of me.  I looked down, and son of a b!tch my left wrist now had 2 extra 45* bends! :shocked:   Needless to say I ended up in the ER, fractured wrist up into the joint that is going to require surgery, along with some very painful bruised ribs.  Looks like that's the end of my fall and winter riding. :facepalm::cry::cripple:

So how was your day? ;)

Edited by cjjeepercreeper
  • Like 11

Ah crap! I'm sorry.

I haven't broken anything in awhile.

I didn't think you had trees. Just rocks!

dang... sorry to hear that, heal up and get back to it in the spring.

Sorry to hear that, heres to healing up!  Truith be known I broke my left wrist at work many yrs ago working in a printing company, didn't know it was broken until yrs later, got a neet lil chunk of bone sticking out! lol

Big time bummer. Sure a lot of us know that "oh shiiiiiit" feeling. Cheer to a fast and full recovery!!

• Like 1

Next Thursday will be the first ride in a year and a week.

I hope you can get away with a fraction of that time. 

Have fun and be careful!

• Like 3

Beautiful day for riding, my youngest son and I decided to go for a little ride up behind the house. Had a lot of fun, did some slow technical stuff and some not so slow blasting. We were on our way home, 5 minutes from the house on a trail at the top of the ridge that I've ridden literally a thousand times. The sun was playing shadow tricks, but I was having fun hauling ass on some whoops. Suddenly, a big tree root in the middle of the trail that I usually avoid without even thinking reached out and grabbed my front tire :rolleyes: . Over the bars I went, the bike somersaulted a couple times, landed on me and knocked the wind out of me real good. I'm sitting there trying to catch my breath, my son rolls up and pulls the bike off of me. I looked down, and son of a b!tch my left wrist now had 2 extra 45* bends! :shocked: Needless to say I ended up in the ER, fractured wrist up into the joint that is going to require surgery, along with some very painful bruised ribs. Looks like that's the end of my fall and winter riding. :facepalm::cry::cripple:

So how was your day? ;)

dang man, sorry for your loss. Damn tree roots....I've seen way worse from them things! Be thankful it didn't involve a life flight.

Ouch dude. I've broken a number of bones over the years. Hope everything heals well. Listen to your doctor, then begin PT when you get the okay.

Pretty close to a year ago I broke my collarbone in a bad wreck.  Now, a year later... :rant:

Damn! Sorry to hear that. Heal fast, and well.

We're you running a damper?

No, and I don't know if it would have made a difference, I was hauling ass and hit that root hard.

Beautiful day for riding, my youngest son and I decided to go for a little ride up behind the house.  Had a lot of fun, did some slow technical stuff and some not so slow blasting.  We were on our way home, 5 minutes from the house on a trail at the top of the ridge that I've ridden literally a thousand times.  The sun was playing shadow tricks, but I was having fun hauling ass on some whoops.  Suddenly, a big tree root in the middle of the trail that I usually avoid without even thinking reached out and grabbed my front tire :rolleyes: .  Over the bars I went, the bike somersaulted a couple times, landed on me and knocked the wind out of me real good.  I'm sitting there trying to catch my breath, my son rolls up and pulls the bike off of me.  I looked down, and son of a b!tch my left wrist now had 2 extra 45* bends! :shocked:   Needless to say I ended up in the ER, fractured wrist up into the joint that is going to require surgery, along with some very painful bruised ribs.  Looks like that's the end of my fall and winter riding. :facepalm::cry::cripple:

So how was your day? ;)

Ouch! you should tell your body to heal fast so you can ride in the winter! hahaha. But in all seriousness best wishes on your recovery and i hope you feel better soon  :thumbsup:

Edited by Zach121

Last Friday night at the track i went over a corner hip. Like i did a thousand times. New to a 450. The fn engine brake kicked in after shutting off the throttle and it made me highside. Had to work this weekend on a side job with a hurt shoulder and lower back

Oh no!  Heal up quick.  Guess you'll be typing one handed for awhile.  Are you right, or left handed?

Oh no! Heal up quick. Guess you'll be typing one handed for awhile. Are you right, or left handed?

Lol, right handed.

• Like 1