Sign in to follow this  

I need help identifying the front brake on my bike

Long story short, I have a '13 YZ250 that came with a non Yamaha spec wheel  (Kawasaki front wheel, as best as I can tell given the 4 bolts to bolt the front rotor to the hub).  I have an additional wheel which is a Yamaha spec hub with 6 mounting bolts.

Here's the rub:  I'm trying to mount an oversize brake kit on the Yamaha wheel.  Problem appears to be that the brake itself is also not a Yamaha YZ brake and the mounting holes for the brake caliper are not the same distance apart as a YZ would be, so the new YZ caliper mount does not fit.

The mounting bolts on the caliper bracket are approx. 100mm apart.  I am trying to identify what bike this brake would come from.  I've attached a picture of the bracket if that is any help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Front brake bracket.jpg

That bracket is specific to the fork lug, and to some extent the wheel/rotor. If the new bracket doesn't fit that means that the original forks have been removed from your bike and replaced with something 2008 ish or earlier. Post a picture of your forks/front end.

The suspension was replaced by a local suspension shop, so it appears it may have been based off a pre-2008 set-up. Working on sourcing a 100mm bracket as opposed to the stock 77mm setup on the 2013.

Thanks for the reply.