Sign in to follow this  

2013 YZ250 front brake bracket help

Could someone do me a favour and measure the distance between the mounting bolts on the bracket for their YZ250 front brake?  I am trying to mount an oversize rotor and the bracket does not fit that came with the rotor kit.  I'm the second owner and it has custom front forks so I need to determine if the forks are not YZ250 spec or the bracket is not YZ250 spec.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

About 77mm middle of each bolt..

07 and older YZs with SSS suspension were a larger distance then 08 and current. 08-16 all run the same caliper, YZ and YZFs..

Edited by Monk

Thanks Monk!

It appears that one of the previous owners went to a fork that has a +/- 100mm spacing on the brake bracket.  So it looks like the bracket in the oversize kit is correct, but I've got a different fork.

Checked my buddies YZ250F and his is 100mm, so I guess I'll find a bracket that fits that spacing.

It's got an RMR suspension, but I don't have the fork sticker.  Hopefully they can help me decipher what's on there....

Thanks Monk!

It appears that one of the previous owners went to a fork that has a +/- 100mm spacing on the brake bracket. So it looks like the bracket in the oversize kit is correct, but I've got a different fork.

Checked my buddies YZ250F and his is 100mm, so I guess I'll find a bracket that fits that spacing.

It's got an RMR suspension, but I don't have the fork sticker. Hopefully they can help me decipher what's on there....

Are you in BC? I might have a bracket kicking around. Give me a day to dig around and find it...

Yup, I'm in the Lower Mainland.  Any chance the bracket you might have is for an oversized rotor?

If not, I'll just order the 2007 kit from RMATV and return this one.

Thanks in advance....

Yup, I'm in the Lower Mainland. Any chance the bracket you might have is for an oversized rotor?

If not, I'll just order the 2007 kit from RMATV and return this one.

Thanks in advance....

Yes it is, from my 07 YZ 250. I'm going through renos but if you give me till end of tomorrow I'll have an answer...

ride popkum much? I made it out there a few weeks ago on a borrowed 14 honda 450, that track has changed alot since i was there last!

I have not been there this year at all. I raced in the BC Old Timers this year, so I spent most of my track time out at Agassiz where the race is held every year.

I had heard that they tamed Popkum down a bit, but I cannot say from personal experience. A friend told me that they eliminated the whoops section on the back which was a bit disappointing as it was a section I liked to fool around on.