Sign in to follow this  

Continental divide ride.

Hey. Has anyone organized a trip along the continental divide and taken a support vehicle?

I am planning the trip with my sons and some friends, my wife has offered to take our truck as support, wanting to meet up each afternoon or maybe do some easier sections with us. Truck would mean that we could travel light.

Looking for some advice from people who have done this before.

ive done most of it, either bike, 4x4, and some hiking, to stay with it by map, its all dead ends, going into wilderness, one real cool area in Wyoming, going north from cora, 50 plus miles, you get to the green river lake, above 10k, 2 miles long, water coming off it becomes the green river, riding up to the divide in june, some snow drifts were over 30' high on north facing slopes, at one spot water flows into the snake, Missouri, and Colorado from the green, I use the delorme atlas and butler backcountry byways, plus my garmin Montana has all the usgs topo maps. every summer I hit the road for 5-6 weeks going up pacific coast, skirting Canada, then work different routes south through the rockies the way the fish swims, lots of beautiful backcountry to explore, last summer trip were calling the up in smoke tour,  fires everywhere, horrible visibility. my setup is a dodge cummins with 4 wheel popup camper, xr650r on rear rack, welded aluminum 16' boat in tow, 1k mile range on fuel, bikes good for 200 plus, if something breaks, something else should get me help, I mainly rely on myself, and redundance. its hard to find anyone that can take that much time out, get the maps, plan your route carefully, and know weather will always interfere.

• Like 1

You are on wrong message board. Go to AdvRider.com there are endless threads.

I have GPS Tracks posted on GpsXchange.com