Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse left hand rear brake

I like it. Use it mostly only on descents, especially right hand hairpins.

I had one on my CR and this is exactly where it shines, downhill right hand turns. Mine came off at the end of day one of Shane Watts' Dirtwise school though and I've never looked back. Edited by Jrs Turn

Love them. They take a couple of rides to get used to and then you notice that your brain acts sort of like an abs in that you can actually clamp down on the front brake harder now too without fear of locking up the front. Weird, but having both hands working together allows a much finer balancing vs hand and foot so your stopping distance is less.

Joe

Does it get in the way of the clutch or not really a problem...sounds good though for skidding into corners to and power out

Most people remove the clutch lever. I've seen a few run 2 levers.

I liked lhrb but after time found myself stalling in rapid corner to corner turns. I'd roll the gas on while still dragging the rear brake.

I did finally learn to ride fast long wheelies. My right foot isn't precise enough.

I'm not sure I'll run it again.

Most people remove the clutch lever. I've seen a few run 2 levers.

I liked lhrb but after time found myself stalling in rapid corner to corner turns. I'd roll the gas on while still dragging the rear brake.

I did finally learn to ride fast long wheelies. My right foot isn't precise enough.

I'm not sure I'll run it again.

so do they run a rekluse clutch If they pull the clutch off, or combine the brake and clutch lever? I'm not a fan of rekluse clutch but a rear hand brake sounds useful

Recluse.

Only combined option is a Clake. I'd like to try it. Even the clutch only option. Drz Oz has a review online o f the combo.

I think a LHRB Is wonderful.

I never use the footbrake anymore.

Much better presicion, you can keep your feet where you want, and body aligned with bike.

I keep a finger on the front and rear brake all the time.

I run a Clake2- that way the clutch and brake are in the same plane. Plus you can have separate contol- or have the brake activate th clutch if you like.

I don't brake skid anymore. Just push the bike down and turn it.

One thing I don't like about the Rekluse LHRB, it has a very small reservoir. Not enough to allow for pad wear.

I prefer th Clake to having a Rekluse clutch now also. Better control for me.

Mark