Group of riders with kid on a KX65 on Tejon in LPNF 11-8-15

I was on the Yamaha that passed through your group in the first section of the trail.  The other guy was on a Suzuki.  I ended up riding behind the young kid on the little KX and got some good footage of him before I was able to get around him.  He was ripping!  That kid will be an enduro champ one day at that rate.  Was cool to watch.

• Like 4

I was on the Yamaha that passed through your group in the first section of the trail. The other guy was on a Suzuki. I ended up riding behind the young kid on the little KX and got some good footage of him before I was able to get around him. He was ripping! That kid will be an enduro champ one day at that rate. Was cool to watch.

Mind sharing it?

We had stopped at the narrow spot with the stump to help some dude on an old KTM 520 who had slid down the side. He got going again and we caught up with his group in the rocky bit. The kid was in that group and was actually staying as pinned as one could get on a 65 on a rocky uphill. Once he passed his dad or whoever I got him to move over so he didn't get separated. Video ends at the Arrastra intersection.

That kid was awesome. I wonder if the kid had headset communications with his dad to ensure he didn't get separated, too far ahead, or in trouble.  It's easily to get into trouble on Tejon where no one could know. 

It was crazy how many riders were stuck/stopped in the rock garden.  It looks as if they could of been riding above their heads. bouncing around, feet off their pegs, and such. The kid on the other hand, handled it like a pro.

Hats off to you for waiting until it was safe before honking your horn and scaring the kid.  I have seen so many riders get into their race mode and rip past only thinking of themselves. 

I notice that Youtube sucks when using a rate higher than 30 FPS, seems to micro freeze every second or so.

I definitely need to get my grandson up on Tejon. I have been saying that for a while, but need to actually take him on there.  He's ready.

^ Was that video shot in the SuperView mode?

I just tried out a new setting on the GoPro on the recommendation of a buddy.  I think it turned out pretty well.  I'll get the exact specs later.

Edit:  Found them.  V3 firmware, reset all cam defaults, 1080s60fps, turn on ProTune, color profile flat, or leave color on and lock white balance at 5500k.

This is on a Hero 4 Silver.  No filters or lenses, just the standard case.

Edited by GHILL28
  • Like 1

That stump needs to be bigger if anything.  The forest trails need a squirrel catcher somewhere.

Actually I think it has been cut back and the trail has just gotten correspondingly narrower and more washed out.  There's another big washout about 50' before that which prevented a couple riders from passing it the last time we went through.  The offcamber looked way worse than it was.

• Like 1

That kid was awesome. I wonder if the kid had headset communications with his dad to ensure he didn't get separated, too far ahead, or in trouble.  It's easily to get into trouble on Tejon where no one could know. 

It was crazy how many riders were stuck/stopped in the rock garden.  It looks as if they could of been riding above their heads. bouncing around, feet off their pegs, and such. The kid on the other hand, handled it like a pro.

Hats off to you for waiting until it was safe before honking your horn and scaring the kid.  I have seen so many riders get into their race mode and rip past only thinking of themselves. 

I notice that Youtube sucks when using a rate higher than 30 FPS, seems to micro freeze every second or so.

I definitely need to get my grandson up on Tejon. I have been saying that for a while, but need to actually take him on there.  He's ready.

The biggest risk for taking a kid up on a trail like that is the exposure.  If they don't have the slow speed brake/clutch/balance down, those right-handers turning into the hillside could become serious problems.  Besides those and the little rocky bit that would be a blast for a kid with some skill.

• Like 1