Sign in to follow this  

I ain't scared

Been there, ran alcohol though.  Way too much work for no more than I got out of it.

That's fine, it's the rest of the combustion chamber that can be enlarged and still preserve the correct squish.

• Like 1

Compare the readings with another trusted / calibrated gauge before opening up the engine.

• Like 1

What is that head in the lathe? Did you build that custom?

That the convenience of having interchangeable domes

I used to look for a spare head on ebay but some engine parts have REALLY gone up in the last year - Or are guys just getting greedy?  Try looking for SSS forks.

I used to look for a spare head on ebay but some engine parts have REALLY gone up in the last year - Or are guys just getting greedy? Try looking for SSS forks.

lol I know the feeling I bought another whole bike just for the sss forks and sold it with my old ones on it
  • Like 1

lol I know the feeling I bought another whole bike just for the sss forks and sold it with my old ones on it

Yup - I've heard of guys doing the same thing - buying a whole bike, just to get a set of WR gears.  I was hoping to find a blown up 250f or 450f for a reasonable price but haven't found one yet.

Edited by motoxvet

What is that head in the lathe? Did you build that custom?

Shue is but it's not 100% from scratch I just order stock domes from phat head and cut and chop them up till I'm happy.