Sign in to follow this  

Powervalve overflow and Crankcase questions

So today when I was riding my 2014 YZ125, I noticed that the liquid coming out of my powervalve overflow was that terrifying milky grey color. The bike was running great and I wouldn't have known that something was off without looking. Anyone know what this could be from? The only thing I can think of is that some water got into the hose when I washed my bike last weekend. Also, when I was inspecting the area earlier, I noticed what could possibly be a crack on my left crankcase cover. I've never had any issues with it or noticed it before today and I haven't landed hard on that side recently. Anyone know what to do about it? The picture is hard hard to see, I'll add a better one tomorrow

1447053054137.jpg

So today when I was riding my 2014 YZ125, I noticed that the liquid coming out of my powervalve overflow was that terrifying milky grey color. The bike was running great and I wouldn't have known that something was off without looking. Anyone know what this could be from? The only thing I can think of is that some water got into the hose when I washed my bike last weekend. Also, when I was inspecting the area earlier, I noticed what could possibly be a crack on my left crankcase cover. I've never had any issues with it or noticed it before today and I haven't landed hard on that side recently. Anyone know what to do about it? The picture is hard hard to see, I'll add a better one tomorrow

I've had gray crap comming out of my PV vent hose lately.. not losing any coolant and there's usually a couple clear water droplet if i stick a pipe cleaner through the hose,so maybe cooler weather and a condensation thing?.. I use Amsoil interceptor.. Oh wait I just noticed you are in hawaii,not so cold.. maybe still is just condensation? Take the plug out of the side of the cylinder that the vent hose is hooked to and put some paper towels on the ground the lay your bike on the left side. the power valve compartment will drain and you can see if the oil is still black comming out of the PV area

Edited by Snider

I usually have drainage coming from my power valve after I ride. I have the same bike and I would encourage you to check all fluids before you ride. Also I have gotten water in my ignition side cover from power washing. Take it off and check it out. I would also recommend you use Yamaha Lube R mixed at 30:1 Non Ethanol gas.It should slow down any spooging from vent hose.