Sign in to follow this  

what bike would be better for me cr125 or crf230

I have been looking around and I have found two bikes that i like, a cr125 or a crf230.

What bike would be better for me because I want a bike that I ride around nearly everyday (mostly hilly stuff and long straights) but I also want a bike that I can throw around some trails when I have been reading other forums I find that people say get a yz or kx but I am sticking with Honda for this one. Also I just want to know if I would be able to keep up with my mates on crf250s/xr250s

Thanks

I think you'd enjoy a cr125 if you wanna keep with your mates. Acceleration and weight is much better on a 125, a 230 is heavy and sluggish. top speed they will be able to get away from you but i doubt they are grabbing top gear WOT a lot. and coming out of corners the 125 will handle better. what is your riding experience?

I think you'd enjoy a cr125 if you wanna keep with your mates. Acceleration and weight is much better on a 125, a 230 is heavy and sluggish. top speed they will be able to get away from you but i doubt they are grabbing top gear WOT a lot. and coming out of corners the 125 will handle better. what is your riding experience?

Not a lot and this wound be my first bike what do you think of a xr250?

Not a lot and this wound be my first bike what do you think of a xr250?

yea maybe for a first bike i would definitely go with a crf230. electric bike, and low maintenance. great bikes and they hold value. if you were used to riding, a 2 stroke would be fun but i think for little to no experience a crf230 is a great trail bike.

Yeah either the crf230 or an xr if it's your first bike. The 2 stroke will be harder to learn on. Both dead reliable and will last forever with regular maintenance (air filter, oil, etc)