NYMXer

Road cycling in here

Got my first time trial tomorrow night. The bike is all set up in it's 10 mile TT form:6A899F34-8891-4C06-BEE5-7A3FB458A163.jpeg.09d90313238297ef7d6617c4fe81227c.jpeg

Aero bars are on, and I've removed the bottle cages and saddle bag. Given the length and time, I am taking the risk of not carrying water or emergency equipment.

Better idea:

8778DC44-D179-42AB-8554-ED967095EFFF.jpeg.1310e576ba0854847c93f2b136ea09f0.jpeg

Figure I can get a decent amount if I sell the Di2 groupset, and I'm trying to sell one of my pistols anyway. 

And my bike should drop some weight, too!

Oh, and my mystery is solved:

Edited by MarioThePlumber
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Betarocker said:

Let the cat chew on some wires again, but add some substantial voltage and current. 

I have wires all around my house. Coax, USB cords, computer cords, extensions.

But no, this is the only wire that matters to him.

Edited by MarioThePlumber

22 hours ago, MarioThePlumber said:

One minor update:

4F71EC72-6953-4483-A8B4-48E36DFC2A68.jpeg.fc98e9765cc85a9ade8be819eda0ca60.jpeg

Hard to see, but I added a 34t chainring. I'm going to do some climbing tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. I still have a 52t on the outside.

Curious to see how the shifting is, looks like a big jump. On a semi-related note, I was glad to have a compact front with the much derided 11-32 cassette on today's ride. I think for the first time ever, I had to resort to pedaling my 34-32 combo while out of the saddle on a section.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sierra_rider said:

Curious to see how the shifting is, looks like a big jump. On a semi-related note, I was glad to have a compact front with the much derided 11-32 cassette on today's ride. I think for the first time ever, I had to resort to pedaling my 34-32 combo while out of the saddle on a section.

Did 35-ish miles today with a fair amount of climbing. It shifted without issue!

I would have liked something bigger than a 28t today... But I definitely noticed an improvement over the 36t. Not a huge difference, but noticeable.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MarioThePlumber said:

Did 35-ish miles today with a fair amount of climbing. It shifted without issue!

I would have liked something bigger than a 28t today... But I definitely noticed an improvement over the 36t. Not a huge difference, but noticeable.

I think what we need is multiple bikes with different gearing options...

Anyway, my front derailleur cable and liner snapped on the way back down today. They're internally routed cables and fishing back underneath the BB is almost impossible on this bike, so it looks like I'll be doing a new press-fit bottom bracket.:foul: #mechanical groupset problems 

Well...ended up getting the Park kit for fishing cables through the frame. Uses magnets and you guide the fish cable by dragging a magnet along the outside of the frame. Didn't have to mess with the BB. I'm lucky that only the front derailleur cable snapped...I pulled the rear out and it was severely frayed inside the shifter. If the rear snapped, that would've been a really crappy day. The lesson is, that cables are actually a consumable item...not bad for 5 years of use tho.

0823191535.thumb.jpg.3f3c679414ef80bead3b3092be62fad2.jpg 

Edited by Sierra_rider
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sierra_rider said:

Well...ended up getting the Park kit for fishing cables through the frame. Uses magnets and you guide the fish cable by dragging a magnet along the outside of the frame. Didn't have to mess with the BB. I'm lucky that only the front derailleur cable snapped...I pulled the rear out and it was severely frayed inside the shifter. If the rear snapped, that would've been a really crappy day. The lesson is, that cables are actually a consumable item...not bad for 5 years of use tho.

0823191535.thumb.jpg.3f3c679414ef80bead3b3092be62fad2.jpg 

Sounds like a good investment!

11 hours ago, MarioThePlumber said:

Sold my Ultegra Di2 groupset today. Buyer didn't even haggle (so... does that mean I set the price too low?)

So now I've paid off my eTap groupset and then some!

You probably sold it for a reasonable amount, compared to the astronomical amount most people try to sell their used bike parts for. I actually bought my power meter new for about $100 less than people were asking for the same meter on Craigslist.

Looks like I'm becoming a full fledged roadie. Ordered a new bike last week to replace my 10 year old cannondale, and I went ALL OUT. What better way to invest than in your health 

MadoneSLR8_19_24122_A_Primary.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

3 hours ago, jcross312 said:

Looks like I'm becoming a full fledged roadie. Ordered a new bike last week to replace my 10 year old cannondale, and I went ALL OUT. What better way to invest than in your health 

MadoneSLR8_19_24122_A_Primary.jpeg.jpg

Look at this Fred and his Madone over here!

Welcome to the club!

• Haha 1