NYMXer

Road cycling in here

How are they for wide feet?

I've got a paid of mid level Louis Garneau shoes but they're just a smidge too narrow and short... Having big feet most shops locally want you to buy whatever you order so I have to guess and hope for the best.

I'm looking at specialized and shimano wides

I've got a pair of Shimano r170s that are very comfortable. I would say I have a medium width foot and all my adjustments are right in the middle.

I can't remember how true to size they are though. I'll look that up when I get them out again.

• Like 1

I've got a pair of Shimano r170s that are very comfortable. I would say I have a medium width foot and all my adjustments are right in the middle.

I can't remember how true to size they are though. I'll look that up when I get them out again.

Nice I was looking at the 171 wide. I need a 49 euro or 14 or so us measurement

Did my weekly afternoon climbing session, this climb is about 3500 of elevation gain in less than 11 miles. The average grade is only 5.8%, but that's deceptive as there are a couple short downhills and false flats while on the hill. Many of the sections are 10-15%.

elevation.png?unit_type=imperial

• Like 1

Did my weekly afternoon climbing session, this climb is about 3500 of elevation gain in less than 11 miles. The average grade is only 5.8%, but that's deceptive as there are a couple short downhills and false flats while on the hill. Many of the sections are 10-15%.

elevation.png?unit_type=imperial

Impressive climbing, good job. I did a ride last week with a friend who loves to climb but does them slow (wears a HR monitor) but we did 4000ft in 6 miles. He was almost 20 minutes behind me. Climbing takes a lot out of you but builds good legs and character, lol

• Like 2

I have been mountain biking a lot lately but yesterday I decided to pump up the tires on the old 08 Cervelo......damn just an hour and a half of rolling hills and I came home feeling like a champ.

I have to remember to jump back and fourth......it really pays dividends all around.

I have been mountain biking a lot lately but yesterday I decided to pump up the tires on the old 08 Cervelo......damn just an hour and a half of rolling hills and I came home feeling like a champ.

I have to remember to jump back and fourth......it really pays dividends all around.

I jump back and forth all the time but found that Mtb riding makes me a stronger roadie. Riding the road bike seems to build up my endurance, so it's a win/win deal.

Here is yesterdays road ride:

https://www.strava.com/activities/662558651

• Like 1

Awesome guys!

I haven't been riding much life has just been busy but....

I did get a pair of the shimano r171 wides and they are amazing. I picked up a pair of speed play zeros and threw on a pair of conti gatorskins

Next week is a full bike fit and assessment

I have a two day ms society of Canada ride coming up, 100 kms for two days in Kelowna. Should be good!

Washed the front out on a descent today...tons of road rash on my side and a fat lip. Otherwise okay and the bikes fine other than the levers being scarred up. Also need new bar tap now too.

Wet roads? It could have been much worse, bar tape is cheap and road rash heals but itches like crazy.

We rode 32 miles at 9AM this morning. It was about 34 degrees and a little windy. It warmed up to 40 within an hour and I had to strip off a layer but kept the windbreaker on.

Cold weather riding has it challenges, including wanting to ride bad enough to get out there and do it!

https://www.strava.com/activities/773378183

• Like 1

In the late 80s I hurt my knee for the 3rd time and was done with MX. My friend and I had the great idea of racing road bikes as we had used bicycles to rehabilitate our injuries . Road racing was the sickest thing I've ever done. After 3 seasons I realized it's not the speed that is the thrill of racing a bike.Its making the guy next to you hurt more than you're hurting. Only to end up in a field sprint wearing no protection on pavement after 50 to 100 miles of torturous physical activity.

I went back to racing mx and off road where I was safe

I still love cycling. Fitness is only a side effect

Nothing better than spinning along in the early morning with only the sound of your wheels whirring from the air through your spokes

Strava sent me this in an e mail, my year end video. I thought it was pretty amazing for a free app. Most of the miles are road miles but about 1,000 Mtb miles too. I almost hit 5,000 miles this year, and that was my goal. If I ride about 400 miles tomorrow, I can reach my goal, haha!

https://2016.strava.com/en-us/share/12758416

• Like 2

We had a shitty riding season here in bc ( rain ) so I hit 1100 last year vs almost 4000 the year before. Here's hoping for a better 2017 for riding

• Like 1