NYMXer

Road cycling in here

I flipped my stem over, which gave me a couple inches of additional rise, which let me level my seat, which took even more weight off my wrists, making my bike a freaking joy to ride again. I'm trying to do 5 days a week commuting all winter. Feeling great and getting lots of quality time with my local college radio station while pedaling. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 5:10 PM, MarioThePlumber said:

So, I'm facing my fitness goal head-on tomorrow. I signed up for my first full century and I think I'm ready to go. 

As it's so late in the season, I had to make extra preparations, as it will still be dark when the ride starts, and cold as well. 

I leave my house at 530am. I love the dark and cold silence in the morning. 

Just now, MarioThePlumber said:

I wonder what it would take to do that.

Would we need permission from TT?

It's super easy to start a club on Strava.  No idea if Thumpertalk would want any kind of heads up.

5 minutes ago, HevyRotashunz said:

Pouring rain on the way in but was having a lovely fall ride home, until my front flatted. Only took me 15 minutes to fix and be on my way though. Might need to put the winter wheel set on. 

Clincher or tubeless?

I started using tire sealant in my tubes and the amount of flats I got significantly decreased.

Just got back from a vacation that included a few days of riding on Mallorca. Amazing road riding. Nice roads, from rock wall lined farm paths to mountain roads. Highly recommended.

Now back to the trainer or muddy MTB until next April when things dry out up here.

IMG_4601.jpgIMG_0092.JPG

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MarioThePlumber said:

I spent an hour on the trainer tonight.

I need to do it more often.

If have a free weekend during outdoors season I usually try to spin all the moto's in front of the tube.

On 11/6/2018 at 7:52 PM, ACree said:

It's super easy to start a club on Strava.  No idea if Thumpertalk would want any kind of heads up.

I asked permission to use the TT name and make a trivia game group, I asked and received permission. Here's the game link if anyone loves trivia games

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=66471

2 hours ago, MarioThePlumber said:

I'm up for trivia.

I guess so, first game and you are in the #1 spot for the day. FYI, the points accumulate until the end of the month, so play once a day every day and take a run for the monthly champion. Good job Mario and good luck. Lot's of smart people playing this game, reining champ is Jleewebb, who is the champ almost every month. He is a very strong player and dedicated too

4 hours ago, HevyRotashunz said:
On 11/8/2018 at 4:01 PM, NYMXer said:
I asked permission to use the TT name and make a trivia game group, I asked and received permission. Here's the game link if anyone loves trivia games

Read more  

Can't play it on a phone. No enter button when done with quiz, ghey.

I played mine on an iPhone running chrome...

16 hours ago, HevyRotashunz said:
On 11/8/2018 at 6:01 PM, NYMXer said:

Can't play it on a phone. No enter button when done with quiz, ghey.

Many people come up with similar excuses when they get all the questions wrong, haha

• Haha 1