Sign in to follow this  

Throttle cable routing

I'm buying the motion pro cable and throttle tube. Should I buy the stock length and keep the stock routing or should I but the longer one and change the routing?

2015 300

Edited by x2fanatic

I just fitted a standard length Motion Pro cable to my 2011 250SX and I am happy with the standard cable routing. I have standard height bars and a stabilizer with a cable guide, FWIW. Also, there is zero slack in this cable. I have all the adjusters closed down and barely any play at the throttle. I need to run it tonight to see that it doesn't idle up at any point in the turn radius. I've heard that the T3 slide light build quality is second to none, but unfortunately I have the basic $12 cable.

We have run the longer MP Slidelights on both 2Ts since suffering a WOT which caused a lot of damage to bike and rider. We route it behind the left side of the front number board, through between left hand rad top hose and top mounting then along spine, through a VERY loose cable tie looped round spine just above carb so cable gets a straight drop into top of carb. The way KTM mount them from factory is questionable. We have just taken delivery of a 16 bike and have fitted a MP to it. I know KTM have said they have cured the problem, just MP longer cable is a better cure. Bob.

I think the longer one might be the way too go. I had my throttle stick twice on me but it has not happened again. At this point I just want to change the cable and tube to get my confidence back in the bike

First thing i do to a bike is add a MP slidelight +4 cable and route behind the plate. I picked up a brand new '15 this yr and changed the cable before I took it out for first ride. Never had a WOT with a Motion Pro cable.

Can you post pictures of ur routing