Sign in to follow this  

SuperTrapp 4" Disc Flow Data

Some interesting 4" Supertrapp data I've gathered up. Yellow is what Frank Nye suggests and uses for CRF230 builds (like mine) and green is what he suggests and uses for XT/TT/SRX600 builds. White Brothers also suggested 18-20 4" discs for 600cc singles.  This data was shared with the SRX600 forum hence the data is also shown here.

All flow values are in CFM. No idea what the target pressure drop was when SuperTrapp was measuring flow rates.

"Closed" implies closed end cap and "Open" implies open end cap.

A CRF230F is 96 dB legal with ten (10) 4" discs.

SuperTrapp.PNG

Edited by VortecCPI

You've opened a can of worms :-).  

I'm sure the super trap flow is more than the stock exhaust...   the question is how much more?  How much flow with the stock exhaust baffle removed, or Rams mods?  How much flow is enough for a stock motor? I really don't find the need for more power... until the suspension is sorted, then I'm sure I'll want more :-)

Thanks for the data :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm sure the super trap flow is more than the stock exhaust... the question is how much more? How much flow with the stock exhaust baffle removed, or Rams mods? How much flow is enough for a stock motor? I really don't find the need for more power... until the suspension is sorted, then I'm sure I'll want more :-)

I disagree:

"Way to much power is Barley adequate"

I will always ride at the limits of my suspension and ability.

I can always tell when I get to the limits of being on the verge of control, then I try to not cross that line.

But without the required power to consistently find that limit, "Got to have more power Scotty"

It's a vicious circle, get more available power, get better suspension, get even more power, acquire better suspension, etc, etc.

Drive Fast, Take Chances...

It's in my blood....

• Like 1

I'm sure the super trap flow is more than the stock exhaust...   the question is how much more?  How much flow with the stock exhaust baffle removed, or Rams mods?  How much flow is enough for a stock motor? I really don't find the need for more power... until the suspension is sorted, then I'm sure I'll want more :-)

Don't worry because Frank Nye will be doing a bunch of dyno runs very soon.  The stock exhaust system on the CRF230 looks like it came off my old XL125.

How good do his full systems work?  See here for results on a TT-R125:  http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1153527-tt-r125l-pipe-challenge-resurrected