Sign in to follow this  

Worst suspension vintage and modern?

You are out with the bros riding and having a blast, then you rembered you bike has bad suspension! Your back, kidneys arms and the rest are sore!!!!!  Chime in if you have or ever had a scoot with bad suspenders!  yamaha-75-yz250.jpgdirt-bike-pics-of-old-yamaha-motocross.jpg

Here's a couple back breakers!

You are out with the bros riding and having a blast, then you rembered you bike has bad suspension! Your back, kidneys arms and the rest are sore!!!!!  Chime in if you have or ever had a scoot with bad suspenders!  📎yamaha-75-yz250.jpg📎dirt-bike-pics-of-old-yamaha-motocross.jpg

Here's a couple back breakers!

If you consider this a bike, i can tell you i've crashed many time before on an electric mx650, because they basically have NO front suspension. The front suspension is so stiff, it only works if you land on the front tire very hard, then it snaps up and shoots back down very quickly scraping against the metal tubing (it also only has a 2 in travel), leaving black marks because it's so stiff. Which, it makes it uncontrollable and very uncomfortable. This makes riding on trails difficult and more challenging, especially when the seat height is 25 in and the seat height of the bike i should be riding is 33 in. Just thought i'd put that out there.

mx650_frontwheel.jpg

Edited by Zach121
  • Like 1

When I bought my first dirtbike, a 2001 YZ250, I didn't check it out as much as I should have before riding it. The first time I jumped it, which was also the first time I'd ever jumped a dirtbike, I smashed my face into the handlebars. Got a little better later that day as I adjusted, but it was still landing rough. I took it apart when I got home and the bolt that holds the seat to the rear spring was snapped, so I was jumping it with no suspension in the back period. 

• Like 1

My xr70 pitbike haha. Literally half an inch of suspension. Best suspension I've ever felt tho is my 94 rm125 so plush

I have to say I was pretty surprised with the suspension on my 94 rm125 as well. As far as worst I'd have to say my first bike which was a 79 Honda z50. Wish I still had that bike though.