Sign in to follow this  

Honda vs Yamaha suspension, reliability, etc?

I'm looking for a 4 stroke dirtbike within the 125cc-150cc range, and i have a couple questions about Yamaha and Honda. I've ridden and owned Yamaha and Honda ATV's, but not dirtbikes. 1. Which brand has better suspension for bikes? Suspension is BIG for me, i can't have a bike without decent or good suspension. I hate landings that feel like a rock. 2. Which brand has more durable bikes that can take a beating? And lastly, 3. which bike usually has better reliability? Thanks for your help  :thumbsup:

I'm looking for a 4 stroke dirtbike within the 125cc-150cc range, and i have a couple questions about Yamaha and Honda. I've ridden and owned Yamaha and Honda ATV's, but not dirtbikes. 1. Which brand has better suspension for bikes? Suspension is BIG for me, i can't have a bike without decent or good suspension. I hate landings that feel like a rock. 2. Which brand has more durable bikes that can take a beating? And lastly, 3. which bike usually has better reliability? Thanks for your help  :thumbsup:

None in that class have good suspension.

Best bet is to fit stuff off 85s or reputable pit bike mods to whatever you buy.

To answer the question, TTR125 is common and well known.

Yamaha and Honda are both good. Yam has the ttr125 but Honda has the crf150f. Or you could spend some extra cash and get the Honda crf150r which is the race model so it has far better suspension and power. Not as reliable as the trail bikes though.

• Like 2

Yeah you aren't going to get all 3 in one bike. Like 88cr80 said the crf150r is your best bet for power and suspension but not for reliability as its a race bike and needs more maintenance. A crf150f or ttr125 (I have a ttr125) are reliable bikes but the suspension is basically crap especially if you are over 100 pounds or so. Decide if reliability or suspension/power is better and pick your bike. An 85cc 2 stroke is in a the same class as the crf150r if you consider a 2 stroke.

I'm looking for a 4 stroke dirtbike within the 125cc-150cc range, and i have a couple questions about Yamaha and Honda. I've ridden and owned Yamaha and Honda ATV's, but not dirtbikes. 1. Which brand has better suspension for bikes? Suspension is BIG for me, i can't have a bike without decent or good suspension. I hate landings that feel like a rock. 2. Which brand has more durable bikes that can take a beating? And lastly, 3. which bike usually has better reliability? Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Sorry about the quote above, that was an accident, anyway i guess i could refrase the question to: which bike would have the better suspension out of the two. I guess if they're about equal it doesn't matter.

Sorry about the quote above, that was an accident, anyway i guess i could refrase the question to: which bike would have the better suspension out of the two. I guess if they're about equal it doesn't matter.

They are about the same, unless you get the 150R which is leagues better and what I'd pick out of the three.

I cant believe I forgot to mention the 150R. My brother had one, it was a great bike.

It depends on how much you weigh. I would think the crf150f would be better for heavier riders. I had a drz125l and the suspension sucked. My crf150r has really good suspension and you can't even feel the little stuff

I think i'll shoot for the 150, i'll get to check it out in person if that's what i get. Thanks for the help  :thumbsup: