Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Have Stillwell Performance Do 4CS For MX?

Did not have Stillwell do mine, after taking to Stillwell and Kreft, went with Kreft on two sets of 4CS.  Couldn't be happier.

I too have been waiting on responses to this question. I’m still on the fence for a Stillwell or Kreft suspension. My 2016 450 sxf needs to be lowered 2 inches as well as a better fork and shock set up. This bike will be a dedicated track bike until the 17’s come out, than it will be turned into a desert racer. Can I get a suspension that can handle both mx & desert?

I too have been waiting on responses to this question. I’m still on the fence for a Stillwell or Kreft suspension. My 2016 450 sxf needs to be lowered 2 inches as well as a better fork and shock set up. This bike will be a dedicated track bike until the 17’s come out, than it will be turned into a desert racer. Can I get a suspension that can handle both mx & desert?

From what I've been told, having an MX suspension doesn't really transition as well to desert riding as a desert setup does to MX tracks. I've asked around quite a bit about this before getting my suspension done and the feedback has been fairly consistent, stiffening up a desert suspension for the track works better that softening up an MX suspension for the desert.

I think to have a suspension that can tackle both would be a tall order.  I'm no suspension expert so I would just call Adam at Kreft and ask him.  Good guy and will take the time to explain your options.

• Like 1

I've tried the Stillwell suspension. Both his regular set up and his A kit. They are decent, but there are better out there for the $. Currently the best set up I've tried is Corey at ProTune. He's getting a rep on ktmtalk for very good suspension on the 4cs for half of what other charge.

http://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?517872-ProTune-Suspension-review-Awesome!!!

I've tried the Stillwell suspension. Both his regular set up and his A kit. They are decent, but there are better out there for the $. Currently the best set up I've tried is Corey at ProTune. He's getting a rep on ktmtalk for very good suspension on the 4cs for half of what other charge.

For moto?

I just sent my forks and shock to Stillwell for their “A kit”. Setting it up for moto x. I am using this bike for mostly track, but, with clicker adjustments it can be tolerable for singe track and desert riding. The only problem is that it takes 3 to 4 weeks before I get my suspension back! So now my 2016 450sxf is sitting till it’s finished. After that I’m sending my 2015 350 suspensions out to stillwell for a more desert / single track suspension.

• Like 1

Ah well I just read up and stillwell A kit involves coatings so I can see that taking a while. My bad. :)

Yes the normal turnaround was 3 days, but, with the coatings being done in japan and then the revalve in Scottsdale, it takes 3 to 4 weeks. I asked if he had cores and I was told, forks rarely come in brand new and unused (because of nicks & scratches) that he could not do exchanges. Just fortunate that I have 2 other ktm’s to ride :ride: 

Stilwell is GREAT stuff. Something to keep in mind though...I've ridden MX Tech stuff too, and that seemed a little better for moto only. Stillwell stuff,to me, seems ultra plush. Might be too gushy feeling if you moto only. Depends on what you like your bike to feel like.

Hows his rep for OC?

I had Kreft do mine for Moto and they are pretty awesome and the price was good

Edited by garce250sx

Stilwell is GREAT stuff. Something to keep in mind though...I've ridden MX Tech stuff too, and that seemed a little better for moto only. Stillwell stuff,to me, seems ultra plush. Might be too gushy feeling if you moto only. Depends on what you like your bike to feel like.

One of the advantages of the MX Tech suspension is his asymmetrical system. It gives you 3 separate compression adjusters. Low-mid and high speed adjustment. I can go from moto to off road by making some quick changes to the suspension clickers. I think its pretty much state of the art suspension, especially with the Huck valve controlling the bottoming .