Sign in to follow this  

Pro taper oversize bars?

I want to get the oversize protaper bars but I heard there are ones that have an actual higher bar height. I want to be able to stand up comfortably and not have to lean over so much so my question is what kind of oversize protaper bars offer the most height?

I wanna upgrade to the oversize bars for many reasons but most importantly I want these bars so when I stand up, I can comfortably stand up without having to bend over so much. Which pro taper oversize bars have the highest reach?! Help ASAP thanks!

The Windham/RM bend seems to be the highest overall.

Personal preference,

since I like to ride standing / attack position rather than sitting I really like the 'Factory Suzuki / KTM Stock' bend on my YZ125

as it has the least amount of sweep (pullback), making the standing position feel more natural to me with elbows held higher.

I'm 5'8" and ride MX only, not trails/off-road. 

protaperevobarguide.jpg

Edited by mlatour

Also, if you have to use the bolt on adapters, as opposed to the replacement bar mounts, you'll want to take into consideration the height that they add to the bars (3/4"). I find the Windham to be a tad tall with the adapters and just right w/o.

Look on their web site.  The rise is listed for their Contour series.  The Windham bend isn't the highest, but it's close, and it's what I ride with for exactly the reason you stated; comfort in the standing position.  

What make and model year is your bike? 

If you go with Renthal fatbars the RC high is taller than anything protaper has. Careful with risers as they can actually move the bars closer too you and make you compensate with an awkward angle in the clamps.

I'm 6' with long legs and arms. I really like the Windham bend bars and really like the rise. Just recently I also installed fastway foot pegs with a 10mm litter and 10mm back position. Makes going from seated to standing so much easier, and so much nicer to ride while standing.