Sign in to follow this  

08 KTM XCW 530 starting

My 08 530 first started to get slow to start, now it just clicks when I hit the button, but starts if I kick start it, battery has 12.6v but I'm thinking it doesn't have the cranking amps anymore?

What is the best replacement battery for this bike. Thanks.

My 08 530 first started to get slow to start, now it just clicks when I hit the button, but starts if I kick start it, battery has 12.6v but I'm thinking it doesn't have the cranking amps anymore?

What is the best replacement battery for this bike. Thanks.

AGMs are a little different than typical lead acid , anything below 12.8 on an agm is failure mode in the making (which is where you are)

AGMs are a little different than typical lead acid , anything below 12.8 on an agm is failure mode in the making (which is where you are)

Is that what type of battery it is? What does AGM stand for? Should I get the same battery to replace it. Thanks.

Is that what type of battery it is? What does AGM stand for? Should I get the same battery to replace it. Thanks.

Absorbent glass mat

Just about all modern motorcycles come stock with these type batteries as oem.

There's usually always an upgrade agm battery that's the exact same size with more output and reserve power, on my 2015 that's the ytz7 (searched this before even bought the bike).   Which at a minimum would be the choice for replacement.

Lots of choice with lithium people are trying, some success, some not, less weight sounds nice, but an upgraded factory sealed AGM, is normally what I go for as a norm historically.

Thanks for the info I'm going to look into the Ytz7.

I normally get my batteries from here, this link should show batteries for your bike, ytz7 is an option.

http://www.batterystuff.com/batteries/motorcycle/ktm/2008/530cc-exc/

stock battery is a 4 amp hr,  , so upgrade is a 6amp hour.

lithiums require double the numbers to equal standard agm in comparison, just an fyi

Edited by Spud786

Thanks I order the Ytz7 for $41.00 better than the stock one defiantly saved money than going to the dealer.

Thanks I order the Ytz7 for $41.00 better than the stock one defiantly saved money than going to the dealer.

Ive ran two scorpions in my sport bike, they do fairly well, you might find the stock old battery screws and nuts are a little better quality to use.