Sign in to follow this  

Dirt bike "derp" moments!

You are with your buddies again on a local mx track, banging bars and what-not, you pull into first place and then a derp moment, in front of spectators you find a false neutral!!!!shathappens1.gif you loose momentum and you fall off the power bubble, chime in if you had any derp moments?

Took off with the wrong gate.........more than once.

Was leading with two, hot in tow.  I had been staying low protecting the inside.  One rider was taking the outside and kept getting a pretty good run off of the berm, and the other was following my rear tire.  For some reason in the last turn with the checker waving, I decided to go mid flat turn; both took advantage.  I made the low podium ride of shame back to the pits.  All three of us had a good laugh afterwards.

• Like 1

One of the first few times I ever rode my first dirtbike:

I had just recently got it (Honda TR200) and it had bent bars. I fully knew this and was constantly reminding myself to hold the wheel straight, not the bars. I got pretty good at it until this one time I popped the front wheel up over a curb and... straightened the bars. This means the wheel was pointing off to the right, and I went down.  :(

• Like 1

Good one walking wounded! A truly derp moment, you are a good sport! I believe concentration and over focusing is the folly of mx my favorite sport of all time!

I have found that if I'm out front, I tend "squirrel" to overthink things.

I do better if I'm battling, then make a last second move for the W.

I'll do things during a race that I'd never do in practice......as long as I'm battling and not thinking.

• Like 1

Being comfortably in front of a guy on the last lap and being so wiped out exhausted that I slowed down a lot in the last turn, which the guy took advantage of and passed me on the straight before the finish...